2012 V8 Supercars

I think it's for the better that V8 Supercars has gone the CoTF way. They did it with other manufacturers in mind so they got what they wanted really.

I know personally I'm sick to death of the Holden and Ford only series. It's been long overdue for another manufacturer to join the series.

for me it doesn't matter if Nissan is joining the serie or not it the racing that interest me, i mean V8 supercars championship is pretty much like Nascar in North America. the technicle rules are made that all the cars have the same basis, chassis, power train, tires, brakes and such the only thing that is a bit different from a car to another is the suspension and even then its not that much different as the rules are so tight. so no matter the name on car they are pretty much the same under the name tag and its only good for the serie that new money comes in so the future of the serie can be ensure and to add to that since Nissan is joining force with Kelly racing it mean that at least one more team will have a shot of the tittle cause we all know that the teams that are supported by the manifacturers are the one that battle for the tittle.

Why have Chevrolet in the series, they already supply the Holden engines, and are also owned by GM

I would rather see Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota and Honda, will never get them all though, V*SC bosses have said that they would only allow a total of 5 manufacturers in the series

Fail... Chrysler isn't Chevy ! :p

Chrysler is like Dodge, Mopar ! ;)

And Fiat owns Chrysler. And Ferrari. This why Alonso and Massa are driving Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's adorned in ferrari red as company cars. So could it be a 300C V8 Supercar with input from Ferrari?

What I also find interesting is that both the 300C and the Nissan GT-R have both been used as safety cars in the V8SC

That was a hilarious pic, Massa and Alonso beside a Jeep Grand "Ferrari" SRT8 :p

Oh well, we'll see what happens... Honestly I don't think the 300C will look good in race trim, as for the GTR, it has no place there.

A car that would fit perfectly is the CTS-V Sedan, but obviously GM is already there with the Holden.

You say the GT-R has no place, but whats the other option, a Maxima? What has the most marketing potential? We don't whether the regulations will allow two door cars. I can't see why not if every car is the same underneath. At the end of the day it would only look like a GT-R and share nothing with its road going counter-part bar the lights, so who knows.

The current formula is getting out of date to be honest... At least before it shared stuff with the road cars, but now both the Falcon and Commodore are slowly either dying or getting FWD grocery getters...

The GTR though is just damn ugly, and I don't want to see it ! ( :p )

Nah but honestly, even in FIA GT1, the GTR is RWD and it has a V8... Really ?

No doubt the formula is out of date, it is entering its 20th season. This new Car Of The Future specification is certainly the way forward. Compared to other touring car series for me I think V8SC shows the most promise. DTM is not really touring car racing anymore and WTCC Super 2000's aren't very exciting. V8SC just needs more manufacturers, Now that Nissan have open the flood gates, it is just a case of waiting. Mercedes-Benz Australia have said they are not allowed to go racing, but there is not stopping a customer from slapping a badge on a COTF chassis, and BMW said they would only consider it if the specification was to be similar to that of DTM. I did read somewhere that there was interest from Toyota/Lexus.

Yeah... Honestly with the new NGT cars coming in BTCC or others... They are just crap in my opinion. Chevrolet is happy to be able to sell the Cruze knowing and sharing the fact that it wins championships, but now with the coming NGT specs it wouldn't be the case anymore, the cars would be all the same.

The 2012 Clipsal 500 Adelaide, will be the 14th epic event, staged on Adelaide's world renowned 3.2km street circuit in the heart of the Adelaide. The Clipsal 500 Adelaide is the anticipated opening Australian round of the V8 Supercar Championship.

The four days of rocking action will include two 250km V8 Supercar races with support race categories, delivering South Australia's largest annual sporting event. This feast of motorsport action is coupled with on-circuit entertainment and over 90 individual on and off the track events. This vibrant mix of motorsport and top level entertainment has resulted in international icon Murray Walker describing it as "the best touring car event in the world."

Saturday 10th March 2012
09:05 Warm Up
14:35 Race

Sunday 11th March 2012
11:15 Qualifying
14:35 Race
All times are local

Livestream
Click here

Driver & Car List
1 TeamVodafone Jamie Whincup Commodore VE2
2 Holden Racing Team Garth Tander Commodore VE2