2012 UEFA European Championship

Let me rephrase that; he has no right to pressure Robben into doing anything or comment on it.

By the way the quote by Bommel is misleading, is he saying he would never play for Bayern again because he would be sacked? Or just because he thinks he should quit because he missed the penalty?

After the world cup 2010 in South Africa Bayern (where at that time both Van Bommel and Robben were playing) got into a dispute with the Dutch national team (where both play as well) because of an injury Robben obviously seems to have on his hamstrings I believe.

This injury caused Robben to miss a few matches and Bayern started to nag about compensation for an injured player, which at it self is quite absurd as a national team has all the rights to select a player.

To compromise their dispute Bayern and the national team of the Netherlands agreed to play a "compensation match" where all the benefits would go to Bayern (roughly 3,000,000 i believe).

In this match Robben logically played for the national team and not for his clubteam and as a reward he got jeered and bullied by a large part of the Bayern "fans", his own fans normally.

This is a disgrace and not normal that a home crowd bullies their own world class player that has brought huge successes during the last couple of years.

The only thing Van Bommel did was standing up for Robben as he was completely down after the match and wasn't even able to talk to the press himself.

Dont understand why a captain can't stand up for his own teammate, but ok. I think it shows a great teamspirit and great respect for your fellow player.

Maybe this explains it better http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...nich-fans-netherlands-friendly-045140833.html

Ahhhhh ok, I read the quote wrong :cry: I though Bommel was saying he should quit the team out of respect for missing the kick and costing them the game. I still do believe that while Bommel is in the right defending his team mate, saying he personally would quit Bayern under those circumstances might cross the line a little bit because it does pressure Robben into doing that.

My original point still stands though, why do people hate him so much for not scoring on a penalty? It's a game people get over it.

Final selection of players.
Goalkeeper
Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern München), Marc-André ter Stegen (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Tim Wiese (Werder Bremen), Ron-Robert Zieler (Hannover 96)

Defenders
Holger Badstuber (FC Bayern München), Jerome Boateng (FC Bayern München), Benedikt Höwedes (FC Schalke 04), Mats Hummels (Borussia Dortmund), Philipp Lahm (FC Bayern München), Per Mertesacker (Arsenal FC), Marcel Schmelzer (Borussia Dortmund)

Midfielders
Lars Bender (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Sven Bender (Borussia Dortmund), Julian Draxler (FC Schalke 04), Mario Götze (Borussia Dortmund), Ilkay Gündeogan (Borussia Dortmund), Sami Khedira (Real Madrid CF), Toni Kroos (FC Bayern München), Thomas Müller (FC Bayern München), Mesut Özil (Real Madrid CF), Lukas Podolski (1.FC Köln), Marco Reus (Borussia Mönchengladbach), André Schürrle (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (FC Bayern München)

Attackers
Claudemir Jeronimo Barreto "Cacau" (VfB Stuttgart), Mario Gomez (FC Bayern München), Miroslav Klose (SS Lazio Rom)
These four players are now home again and will follow the EURO from their TVs.

What do the German newspaper say about it? They find this behavior of some "fans" acceptable?

Almost looked like they blamed Robben for not winning the CL finals. You win with 22 but you loose with 1? :)

Not surprised at all that it happened to be honest. I was insulted for not supporting "the German club" in the Champions League final for example. It is always like that. With Bayern Munich maybe even more then with other teams due to their "mia san mia" (we are we) attitude. Pretty much a Bavarian setreotype they supported with that. It could only be worse when the club would have a large Nazi fanbase like some of the Eastern German clubs.
German media was not happy at all with what happened. They heavily critizised the match before it was held already as it was additionally shortening the preperation time for the German national team. It was really an ashaming behaviour by those fans.

An update on the matter. See and listen what happened during the Netherlands vs Bulgaria test match last weekend. Robben is substituting Huntelaar and witness how the crowd tries to cheer him up.

Best moment of the match by far as I think many has the shivers running down their spines. Awesome.

On a slightly different note, 13 Serie A players got arrested today, including Stefano Mauri, captain of SS Lazio Rome, also one player of the Italian pre-selection, Domenico Criscito. The last time I reember ther was such a large investigation against fixed matches, it was in 2006 when Juventus was stripped their championship and relegated due to the evidence. Not a good sign remembering the unfair penalty against Australia in the Round of 16 at the 2006 World Cup. At the end they won the World Cup

An update on the matter. See and listen what happened during the Netherlands vs Bulgaria test match last weekend. Robben is substituting Huntelaar and witness how the crowd tries to cheer him up.

Best moment of the match by far as I think many has the shivers running down their spines. Awesome.

Robben is so awesome, probably one of the best wingers to have ever played.

That was the moment when I really started to worship him. Despite me being from Munich I really, really hope he isn't playing too well during the EURO. He's free to skyrocket back to his best form after the tournament, tho. :p

After the world cup 2010 in South Africa Bayern (where at that time both Van Bommel and Robben were playing) got into a dispute with the Dutch national team (where both play as well) because of an injury Robben obviously seems to have on his hamstrings I believe.

This injury caused Robben to miss a few matches and Bayern started to nag about compensation for an injured player, which at it self is quite absurd as a national team has all the rights to select a player.

To compromise their dispute Bayern and the national team of the Netherlands agreed to play a "compensation match" where all the benefits would go to Bayern (roughly 3,000,000 i believe).

In this match Robben logically played for the national team and not for his clubteam and as a reward he got jeered and bullied by a large part of the Bayern "fans", his own fans normally.

This is a disgrace and not normal that a home crowd bullies their own world class player that has brought huge successes during the last couple of years.

The only thing Van Bommel did was standing up for Robben as he was completely down after the match and wasn't even able to talk to the press himself.

Dont understand why a captain can't stand up for his own teammate, but ok. I think it shows a great teamspirit and great respect for your fellow player.

Maybe this explains it better http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...nich-fans-netherlands-friendly-045140833.html

As a Munich native and Bayern fan (the fact that I really, really love to see Robben playing for us is merely a side-note) I have to concur - it was a disgrace and a shame for our club. However, most fan organisations published statements and comdemned those actions. Funny enough, most of that stuff came from the grand stands just behind the Bayern area...those seats are usually taken by the financial supporters of the club. You know, the ones that get invites from the club managers.

Cannot wait for the Euros! Backing Russia the whole way, for a reason I have yet to decide.
Probably your love for the best manager they have ever had: Dick Advocaat :roflmao:

264px-Advocaat.jpg

The ref in the Poland-Greece match is a kind of Ivanov. Giving yellow cards to Greece for small fouls, even a red card for two tiny fouls..
He killed the match, even tho Greece scored 1-1 despite playing with 10 players..

It wouldn't surprise me if Karagounis receives a second yellow as well

The red card for Szczęsny was ridiculous. It wasn't a brutal high kick straight to the Greek's head, he just clipped his foot. It was a faul and it was in the penalty box, so sure - do a penalty kick. But a red card for THAT? Puhleeeaase...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back