2012 TTA Season

Love the cars but I can't understand why they choose TTA as a name. Really does this make anybody enthusiast: Touring Car Teams Association Championship. :)

Then at least use the proper abbreviation TCTA or TCTAC or add a letter to make it sound cool TIC-TAC series!

STCC field looks very thin so far: http://www.stcc.se/drivers-teams/drivers/
I think the fact that TTA turned down the offer really shows how much TTA believes in their idea about this format of racing with silhouettes.
I like the TTA because it brings something new and fresh to a very conservative and rigid racing community in Sweden, and frankly I don't care what the touring car fans says about the cars because it is getting old now...
STCC seems to try and count on it's reputation but it is in my opinion quickly tarnishing and I am beginning to doubt the existence of it.
The attempt to sell STCC to TTA seems like an attempt to save itself but it didn't work.
We'll see what happens when the season starts and in November this year we'll also see either whos the stronger or if they can co-exist.

tta12022303.jpg

WestCoast Racing will again represent BMW Sweden on the TTA grid this season as the Halmstad-based team will compete in a variety of series with BMW models.

The 2010 Swedish Touring Car drivers' champions are expected to compete with cars based on the BMW M3 design in this year's TTA championship, with drivers Richard Göransson, Fredrik Larsson and Martin Öhlin.

WestCoast Racing will also run two cars in Swedish GT, a BMW M3 GT4 and a BMW Z4 GT3, in the series which supports the TTA on the Racing Elite League calendar.

The team will also run the Z4 in the ADAC GT Masters championship.

"We are very happy over our continued partnership with WestCoast Racing," said Christer Stahl, Managing Director of BMW Sweden..

"BMW has had many valuable podiums under the leadership of team manager Dick Jönsson-Wighroth, partly thanks to good cars, but also skilled mechanics who have got the cars to perform at the top."

Source: touringcartimes.com

"I have longed for 40 years to see the fight between Saab and Volvo on the race tracks," said Flash MD/Driver Nilsson. "It becomes reality this summer and my biggest dream is to get all Saab fans to the TTA races to cheer us on."

facepalm. It´s Saab-bodyshell vs Volvo-bodyshell. Hardly a true Saab vs Volvo battle.

Touring Car Times said:
Flash Engineering will run four cars in this year's new TTA series which are based on the Saab 9-3, in a tribute to the troubled Swedish manufacturer which is currently under receivership.

The Karlstad-based team has previously run BMWs in the Swedish/Scandinavian Touring Car Championship, but now makes a departure as part of a tribute to the troubled Swedish car manufacturer, which sees the number of brands on the TTA grid increase to four along with BMW (WestCoast Racing), Citroën (Brovallen Design) and Volvo (Polestar Racing).

The team will run four cars, with the three drivers confirmed so far including team owner/driver Jan 'Flash' Nilsson, Mattias Andersson and Linus Ohlsson (the latter running under the Team Tidö banner), with the fourth driver yet to be confirmed.

"I have longed for 40 years to see the fight between Saab and Volvo on the race tracks," said Flash MD/Driver Nilsson. "It becomes reality this summer and my biggest dream is to get all Saab fans to the TTA races to cheer us on."

New driver to the team Mattias Andersson added:
"I had a real 'wow-feeling' when I saw the Saab in TTA design for the first time. It is going to be great fun racing with a Swedish car and most of all to pick up the classic Saab versus Volvo fight that has been going on since I was a child. I am for sure looking forward to the coming season."

The team will also receive support from Saab Parts Sweden and the Saab Dealer Organisation

tta12031401-a.jpg

tta12031401-b.jpg

tta12031401-c.jpg

Article: http://www.touringcartimes.com/article.php?id=7323

sorry to have to say this, but TTA wont win

and btw its not a "swedish car". all cars are exactly the same, just the shell that is diffrent.
and Brovallen do not have any kind of support from Citroën for their car/shell. not even sure they had permision to build it...

sorry to have to say this, but F*** THE TTA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and btw its not a "swedish car". all cars are exactly the same, just the shell that is diffrent.
and Brovallen do not have any kind of support from Citroën for their car/shell. not even sure they had permision to build it...

And your point is?
Why say "F*** TTA" ? How is that even constructive?
Brovallen might not have any manufactural support from Citroën but they have some support otherwise they wouldn't build that car.
As for all car the same and not swedish, wake up, we're still in an economic recession where the majority of car manufacturers doesn't want to do big scale gamblings on racing.
This way they only support the teams with a silhouette and then go racing and getting attention for a cheaper gambling.
It's a win-win situation for everyone, even the fans, come on loose your touringcar fanatic shoes a little :)

facepalm. It´s Saab-bodyshell vs Volvo-bodyshell. Hardly a true Saab vs Volvo battle.

Still a SAAB vs Volvo team wise as both ave personal and support from each of the brands.
Loose the touringcar fanatic shoes amigo ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back