2012 Toro Rosso STR7

Toro Rosso STR7

1328009226.jpg

Scuderia Toro Rosso will unveil its new 2012 car on February 6, the evening before its first test at Jerez in Spain next week.

The STR7 is set to run for the first time on February 7, but the team has announced that it will pull the covers off the car in the Jerez pitlane on the day before.

Daniel Ricciardo is set to give the new car its debut test outing, with the team also confirming on Monday that oil giant CEPSA will continue its sponsorship deal into this season

Autosport.com

tororosso_str7_render_1_2012.jpg

tororosso_str7_launch_1_2012.jpg

ded1206fe107.jpg

ded1206fe153.jpg

Here we can clearly see where they intend on blowing the exhaust gases, notice the little wing in front of the tire.
Great idea to create downforce on a non-sprung part of the car.

Edit: Just kidding, the exhaust is not even close to pointing at that little wing.

Buemi has never won a single championship in his whole racing career (open wheelers, not go-cart)
Alguersuari has like the below won two championships. And he´s a DJ so you wonder where his head is at when you think about the fact that he was in Formula 1 which demands 100% focus on that and only that.

I´d say Vergne and Ricciardo are much more hungry and faster then the two above.

Ricciardo showed at melbourne that he is hungry for points. He came back so strong to get 9th! after getting sent all the way to the back of the field. Monster, him + str7 = midfield destroyer! I hope he can maybe get a podium this year! He looks to have it in him. :)

The Toro Rosso. Its the second ad team of red bull right?

So this Team will be ever slower than the fast cars, it will ever be in the middle of the field.(maybe a regulation revolution could change that?)
Which guys are working by toro rosso? The guys which could go up to the Red Bull team(mechanix, developers, drivers.)?
So if my thesis is true. This car shouldnt be on the grid.

What is Toro Rosso?

to the car:
I like that car

So this Team will be ever slower than the fast cars, it will ever be in the middle of the field.(maybe a regulation revolution could change that?)
Which guys are working by toro rosso? The guys which could go up to the Red Bull team(mechanix, developers, drivers.)?

What is Toro Rosso?

to the car:
I like that car

Toro Rosso has been growing away from Red Bull in recent years, they've been getting their own sponsorship and building their own cars; in the past they worked with Red Bull to create the STR chassis. Yet despite this, the move over to let a Red Bull past, even if it's for position.

Toro Rosso has beaten Red Bull once, in 2008 when Vettel took his first win, putting STR ahead of RBR, with Vettel outscoring both RBR drivers.

What purpose does Toro Rosso serve to Red Bull? They're there to develop technology for RBR (I doubt they're needed now, ever since Newey joined RBR), and to train drivers for RBR. Though Vettel is the only driver from STR to race for RBR, and Buemi drove for STR before getting reserve for RBR. I don't think RBR needs STR that much anymore. After they find a successor for Webber they might sell STR.

What is Toro Rosso?

to the car:
I like that car
Toro Rosso is a completely separate team. They are based in Italy compared to red bull which is based in Milton Keynes in the uk. There are rules in place which prevent the teams helping each other. If they weren't in place the STR would just be an RB. However toro Rosso is where red bull puts there young drivers. It's how they develop them. But this is the only thing they share, and their simulator but thats it because of the strict regulations in place.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%