2012 Summer Olympics

Interesting quote from Michael Johnson on why black people and Caribbean people are so superior when it comes to sprinting.

He says it´s because of slavery. Sounds wack but you should know that most if not all of the finalist sprinters can be traced back to slavery.
Slavery was an extreme case of "Survival of the fittest"
Just from the trip alone over to the US or wherever you had diseases and all kinds of things that people died of.
The people that made the trip was also genetically extremely "tough".
Thus is could be that the gene went through all of that and is now found in many black or Caribbean sprinters.

Bolt? Comes from Trelawny Parish in Jamaica.
the London Olympic host, Lord Coe or Sebastian Coe, his relative, George Hyde Park had around 300 slaves in that area.

As crazy as this might sound they have scientists actually researching this area now.

Edit: According to Daily Mail, all of the finalist sprinters at the 2008 Beijing Olympics could be traced back to slavery.

Don't get even started on biologism here. :cautious: Maybe you wish to start your biologistic analysis in a new thread.:sick:

Despite of some more or less difficult referee mistakes, which sometimes had huge outcomes for the poor athletes, I enjoyed the Olympics of 2012 from the openings to the closing ceremony, which I didn't like so much, a lot!

There have been some really tense as well as moving moments during the two weeks. Too many to mention all. But I think a real plus was that the IOC and London have put some nice ideas together to make some of the less popular sports more attractive. And one should not forget about the many many little details which added up to the whole atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Next time Rio. On the positive side, the Olympic Games finally move to culture rich South-America. It's about time! On the negative side, Brazil as a developed country is well known for its corrupt system and especially Rio for its many infamous townships. My ideal self wishes that the Olympic Games are going to change it for a better, but my common sense doesn't believe in it, quite the opposite, it's going to make it worse for the poor as the capitalistic investors attached to the games move into the country.

Even though what Hampus said might not belong here, what he says is true. The reason for it is because the slave owners at the time obviously wanted the biggest and strongest slaves. The way to do that was to start "slave breeding" the same way you do with animals; they wouldn't have a short weak slave reproduce, they'd have their best male worker breed with their best female worker. Repeat this for a couple hundred years and you'll get these tall, fast, well-built men that we see today. The fact they can be traced back to slavery doesn't really surprise me in the least.

Reported. You are the one dragging the level down.

God forbid you might actually learn something about the athletes and what makes them so good.

I'm not saying @Marcel Purschke is right but he's not absolutely wrong either. I don't see how this relates to the 2012 Olympics too much. This topic is about the 2012 games - not about biological stuff. :)

How can you not relate it to the Olympics 2012?
The post about the sprinters of the Olympics 2012.

This is more about why certain people might be able to run quicker than others. The way you're discussing this doesn't relate to the games. An example would be post #106 - although it is possibly entirely correct.

This is more about why certain people might be able to run quicker than others. The way you're discussing this doesn't relate to the games. An example would be post #106 - although it is possibly entirely correct.
but it´s still however way you flip it, related to the athletes of the Olympics 2012.

More relevant then you speaking about Nazis in this thread.
Talking about how a german did seig heil is apparently more on the topic then explaining the science behind why the athletes are so quick.

Thanks now i know.

but it´s still however way you flip it, related to the athletes of the Olympics 2012.

More relevant then you speaking about Nazis in this thread.
Talking about how a german did seig heil is apparently more on the topic then explaining the science behind why the athletes are so quick.

Thanks now i know.

Science != something that happened during the opening ceremony. You're welcome to discuss this topic (but please be sensitive with your wording) in another thread.

So that's what we've come to, is it?

A thread about the Olympics ends up at Nazism and Slavery.

Two hugely sensitive issues, and both just pulled in here, referred to flippantly, and used as punchlines in an "I'm cleverer than you" contest.

Just because someone else has a theory doesn't mean that it can be regurgitated and trotted out glibly without any thought about ramifications when such emotive issues are at it's centre.

FFS.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing