1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2012 Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, May 15, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, will take place in London, England, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Well this will be affecting me big time since i live between the Stadium and the Watersports up in Waltham Cross.

3. Wish I could like it a 1000 times :)

By FAR my most anticipated sporting event! Will follow it closely, and hopefully chat about it a lot here - obviously with my South African-tinted glasses :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I hope they fired the person that came up with the logo of this event. Must be by far the most ugly one ever used :D

Would immediately believe it when someone said this was designed for the '36 Olympics in Berlin.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Yes, by a 3-year old :p

Luckily the sport itself promises a lot.

6. The only event I'll be following is the 50km walking race. :)

7. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Well the London logo still looks better than what we had back in 2010.

[​IMG]

I think my girlfriend's little girl created this or Pokey ate Gumby then barfed him up after eating a box of crayons :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nice, wish I was that close to the events!

In Africa we'll probably never see the Olympics... :cry:

9. The Olympic Torch is being sold on Ebay with some fetching £150,000. In my opinion it's just a golden cheese grater..

[​IMG]

Mm.. Cheese..!

If you're looking for an Olympic Torch and you are on a tight budget then you should take a look at this, Read the description, It's amazing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/replica-o...rabilia_ET&hash=item27c73faa47#ht_2804wt_1396

"The offical torches are not as good as there made from metal and have lots of holes in them like an old datsun (probably) and they are a bit of a fire hazard when lit, my replica has a low carbon foot print and is suitable for vegetarians (to carry not eat)"

• Like Like x 2
  10. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

hope i can see all sprint runes,as i was a former sprinter:(

11. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

You will see them in the wet! :p

• Like Like x 2
  12. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Time to watch a lot of sports I have no clue about and become an expert for 1 month :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. by a helicopter, or simply grab a V8 car, any jumps you see then take them ,and go weee accross london :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

LOL :D I wish! :p Could take my Virtual V8 Supercar from TPS. :p Oh BTW someone asked G4S if most of the security could speak English and they were like uhhhh no supposedly. :p

15. i wonder what would happen if i dressed up as "bin laden" and went? im assuming the security would let me through :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Probably and i would get searched like i do every time i go to the airport and i'm like the only person out of a group of people to get searched. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Only 10 more days! Let the games begin(almost)...

[​IMG]

18. lol, the winning bid was 20.12

• Like Like x 1
  19. I am waiting badly of 2012 Olympics. I am big fan of Olympics..

• Like Like x 1