2012 Sauber C31

Peter Sauber has suggested that his team's new F1 challenger will feature a stepped nose similar to that seen on Caterham's CT01 when it was revealed last week.

New regulations, which limit the height of the car's nose for the season ahead, saw the Caterham feature a noticeable bump in the nose.

The new Sauber, named the C31, is set to feature a similar design at the front end with a number of teams expected to take the same approach to the new regulations.

“For reasons of aerodynamics, this step in the nose is almost inevitable," Sauber was quoted as telling Sonntagsblick.

Sauber also confirmed that the car will feature a new livery for the season ahead, which will be revealed when the car is launched at Jerez ahead of the first test of the year.

"All I can say is that the basic colour is white, but the overall impression is dark, with red,” he said. “In short, it is different. I remain a friend of the colour white, although often on television some cars cannot be well distinguished."

Finally we'll see a new livery from Sauber, instead of the plain one they've been running for the past 2 seasons. :cool:

Although the stepped nose feature may ruin the whole livery. :p

pGfOr.jpg

Ak5BHH6CQAAzMmi.jpg:large

With James Key gone, I fear the worst for Sauber. He was the reason they the car was so gentle on its tyres. The C31 may (or may not) look nice, but with their technical director gone, they may run into serious trouble developing it throughout the season :(

2 hours 15 minutes until the Sauber C31 is unveiled.

Was really happy about the livery change, but now seeing those images, kinds of puts me off the design of their new livery... hope it looks decent.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back