2012 RD Touring Car Championship (STCC 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at the beggining of simracing i'm talking about Race06 and the first RDTCC my big question was ... how these guys can handle the BMW as well and so fast :D right now the Beemer is my best friend lool so i would be pleased if i get one for S8 :)

@ Helder: Normally, in RDTCC, cars won't be assigned so you can take the car you want.
@ League organization: I hope you can find a way that race day is not every sunday, e.g. a few sundays are RDTCC-free. With a two-week rhythm or something similar (for example race-race-free and so on), I can plan my weekend activities around the races. For me a weekday would be also much better, and I'm sure it's similar for many other drivers, but I think having a bit longer streched calendar would be a good compromise.

maybe, somehow I lost the MoJo a little by skipping season 7 after having done all others (1-6), let#s wait till there's more solid news (dates)
Dates will be around March - june next year (educated guess, nothing final yet!). I think that this season will be a you-dont-want-to-miss one! It's going to be a blast!

Oh that will take some time still. Not in 2011 at least.

However we will start driving all the tracks in the racing club. People with not so much league experience at RD can gain some experience there.

rdtccs8-620x377.jpg

League: RaceDepartment Touring Car Championship
Season: 8 (2012)
Game(s) Required: STCC The Game 2 (or RACE Injection that also contains the STCC 2 Game)
Current Number of Divisions: 3 (maximum of 100 drivers)

Introduction

Launched in 2006 the RDTCC is the leading international online touring car championship with the world’s best sim racers. Featuring all the hot S2000 spec race cars from STCC – The Game 2. In 2012 the prestigious series will return to RaceDepartment in the same style as it has started many years ago: massive, competitive, professional and featuring a wide variety of touring cars racing on 9 different tracks from the original first season that many licensed members of the first hour still cherish.

We are proud to announce that rSeat.net will provide a full RS EVO V3 Gaming seat rig with a triple screen monitor stand, the RS STAND T, to one of our virtual stars racing in the championship. The winner of this mega prize will be decided via a sweepstake. All the drivers that complete the full season will be able to win.

It’s time to undust that old racing suit you wore in 2006/07 and get in that car again and try to become the next Sander Hogendoorn, Attila Domjan, Greger Huttu, Roland Ehnström or Marcin Skrzypczak to name just few of the hundreds of virtual stars that have participated in the series over the years.

Available Cars
  • Alfa Romeo 156
  • Alfa Romeo 156 GTA
  • BMW 320i E46
  • BMW 320si e90 2008 (five speed)
  • BMW 320si e90 2009 (six speed)
  • Chevrolet Cruze
  • Chevrolet Lacetti
  • Honda Accord Euro-R
  • Opel Astra OPC
  • Peugeot 407
  • Seat Leon TSFI
  • Toyota Corolla T-Sport
  • Volvo C30
  • Volvo S60
The VW Scirocco is excluded from participation unless SimBin patches it before the league starts

Calendar

We will return to the classic format of two sprint races and a reversed grid like used in the 2006 season of the real WTCC. The championship will visit 9 different venues counting towards the points plus a prequalification round to determine the groups. This will make a total of 18 races

Rounds 01 & 02: Monza, Italy
Rounds 03 & 04: Magny-Cours, France
Rounds 05 & 06: Brands Hatch, United Kingdom
Rounds 07 & 08: Oschersleben, Germany
Rounds 09 & 10: Curitiba, Brazil
Rounds 11 & 12: Brno, Czech Republic
Rounds 13 & 14: Istanbul, Turkey
Rounds 15 & 16: Valencia, Spain
Rounds 17 & 18: Guia, Macau

Session Info

All times are in GMT
18:30 Free Practice 1
19:00 Free Practice 2
19:30 Qualification
20:00 Warm up
20:15 Race 1
20:45 Race 2

Note: Summertime will be enabled during this league. Convert start times to your local timezone.

Points Distribution System

Find below the points distribution system for season 8.

242u81s.png

Independents and Teams

You can enter this championship as an independent driver or as a member of a team. In case of the latter a team cannot have more than two drivers.

Liveries

Each car can have its own livery. If you cannot skin a car yourself we encourage you to find somebody who can. Use the forums to find one of those great artists that can help you out.
There will be one mandatory logo pack, with the sponsor logo, RD logo and numberplates. All the other spots can be used freely for your own sponsors and colors.

Download the skinpack here

Pre-Qualification, Promotion, Relegation & Deducting Worst Results

Every sim racer likes to drive against opponents that have the same level of skills, as some drivers have alien speed and others don't. Our league are always suitable for drivers of all levels so we can guarantee you the closest possible racing with drivers that match your skills.
There isn't a simple way to determine the driving level of an individual racer. The easiest way for us is to organize a massive pre-qualification.
The 25 fastest drivers will be placed in the top group (Group 1). The drivers 26 - 50 in the second group (Group 2) etc. The outcome of the prequalification will determine the starting groups for the first race day at Monza, Italy.

The promotion and relegation procedure will be different this season compared to previous years. The overall results will be more important than ever before.

The start grid of each event will be determined on the overall standings of the league. The first 25 drivers in the overall standings will automatically be placed in group 1 for the next race. Drivers that have the positions 26-50 will be allowed to start in group 2 etc etc.

Please note that we will work with a point deduction system this year (more about this later) and that this might affect the overall standings. The first two race weekends we will use the real points standings to determine the start grid. From the third weekend onwards we will base the the start positions based on the standings minus your worst results.
This means that it is super important that you don't miss out on any events as that might influence your starting position in a negative way, especially during the first couple of race weekends.

From the 18 events every driver is allowed to deduct his worse two results. This means you can be absent one full round, or take away those two bad results because you were not having your day on the track or any other reason.

Absense

This is on of the most important parts of the league briefing you need to understand! When you are qualified to race the in league we expect you to be present during all the races. This commitment shows respect to the league, your fellow drivers and the organization. In case you really have no other option than to pass on a event you can report your absence by sending a private message to the organizer.

Absence reports can be sent until the Wednesday prior to a race weekend. Any reports after this date will be ignored. After this day the final line ups will be presented by a forum post in the RDTCC league forum.

Incidents

It may happen that rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation. The staff encourages this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers.

No report = no investigation = no penalty

A report can be sent to the staff within 24 hours via a private message and it should contain:
  • The name of the reported driver (the violator)
  • A link to a youtube movie that shows the incident from various angles
  • A short description of the incident, without rant.
  • In which race the incident happened.
You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Report from an outsider will be not be considered.
The staff will then investigate the incident and report back with the outcomes and penalties on the forums.

General League Rules

All the general league rules are written down in a document for the 2011/12 league season. Click here to read it!

Document version number 0.9.1

The Prize

We are proud to announce that the eight season of our prestigous RD Touring Car Championship will be sponsored by rSeat.

rSeat.net will provide a full RS EVO V3 Gaming seat rig with a triple screen monitor stand, the RS STAND T, to one of our virtual starts racing in the championship. The winner of this mega prize will be decided via a sweepstake. All the drivers that complete the full season will be able to participate. The higher your finish position in the overall standings the more chances you will have to win.

More information can be found at www.rseat.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years