1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Rally d'Alsace: Loeb World Rally Champion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xosé Estrada, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

2. Bravo, my hat down to you, Sebastien, you're really the best WRC driver of all time! See you in the WTCC! :thumbsup:

3. While I agree Seb is perhaps the best WRC driver of all time, anyone else feel his domination has been a key factor in the decline of WRC?

4. Was just gonna watch day 3, spoiled it for myself now...

Anyway, Loeb might be a factor, albeit a small one. It's too expensive to organize and run in, and not very... broadcastable, lucrative, so Loebless car makers started pulling out.

5. "This is the duo’s ninth consecutive FIA World Rally Championship title; a record-breaking achievement."
    this wording is a bit awkward considering Seb/Daniel won 9 championships and IIRC they passed their closest rival (mikonen(sp)) in 2008! I think it would have been better to say a record-setting achievement?
    either way it is pretty awesome. and this championship came in France abd in the area where seb was raised. a most beautiful convergence! :)

6. ok, Loeb is a great driver no question, but it's a shame that he stayed with Citroen all the time. It should have been a challenge to try with Ford or an other car brand...