1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

2012 Rally d'Alsace: Loeb World Rally Champion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Xosé Estrada, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium

Ratings:
    +817
    View the Post on the Blog

2. Duderino27

Duderino27

Ratings:
    +2
    Bravo, my hat down to you, Sebastien, you're really the best WRC driver of all time! See you in the WTCC! :thumbsup:

3. David Wright

David Wright

Ratings:
    +256
    While I agree Seb is perhaps the best WRC driver of all time, anyone else feel his domination has been a key factor in the decline of WRC?

4. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Was just gonna watch day 3, spoiled it for myself now...

Anyway, Loeb might be a factor, albeit a small one. It's too expensive to organize and run in, and not very... broadcastable, lucrative, so Loebless car makers started pulling out.

5. Patrick Moore

Patrick Moore

Ratings:
    +34
    "This is the duo’s ninth consecutive FIA World Rally Championship title; a record-breaking achievement."
    this wording is a bit awkward considering Seb/Daniel won 9 championships and IIRC they passed their closest rival (mikonen(sp)) in 2008! I think it would have been better to say a record-setting achievement?
    either way it is pretty awesome. and this championship came in France abd in the area where seb was raised. a most beautiful convergence! :)

6. Cedric Germain

Cedric Germain
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    ok, Loeb is a great driver no question, but it's a shame that he stayed with Citroen all the time. It should have been a challenge to try with Ford or an other car brand...