2012 Mercedes W03

Red Bull's Adrian Newey stirring the Merc W03 pot even further today: http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/70474.html

stepped nose and a rear pull rod also on the table ,according to speculation cuirculating the web:rolleyes:;)

I think all of the cars have pull-rod rear suspensions now, but so far Ferarri is the only team to reveal pull-rod front and rear suspension. Will be interesting to see how this stands up to multiple kerb-hits...

All teams except Ferrari ran pull-rod rear last year i believe. 100% of them will run it for this season.
Ferrari probably will be alone in the front pull rod setup.

There is definitely something iffy with the sidepods. It looks like it´s two holes with the bigger one on top of the little one.
Or it´s just an illusion.

W03large.gif

this could potentially be the worst of the platypus noses judging by the silhouette :(

Judging by that image, it looks very much like Raikkonen's team's(Whatever it's called this year), which actually has the best-looking stepped nose. In the end you can only really judge when you see the real thing.

True. Laptimes and even more importantly race pace, dealing with tyres etc.(Yes, stating the obvious, I know)

The first times that will matter are Melbourne Qualifying.

No other than the nose, and the exhaust ( I think ), I can't see any straight-forward changes to the car, hopefully this years car will perform better for Schumi's sake and his fans ( me :D) and that mercedes can be competive with Ferrari/Red Bull/McLaren etc.

Let's Hope for the best!

Surprised these haven't been posted here yet...

Pretty sleek design, side pods are really short, a lot of floor showing. Front wing looks great aswell, while the nose isn't the worst on the field in my opinion.

W03top1.jpg

w03top2.jpg

T9GF5.jpg

doesn't look so bad after all..love the sidepods.and i certainly hope it's fasssst

thanks for posting those Lee..guess the only surprise i'll be expecting tommorow will be on the time sheets:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back