2012 International Superstars Series

The International Superstars season 2012 was launched at a press conference in Milan last week where it was announced that former F1 drivers Vitantonio Liuzzi and Mika Salo are going to take part in the championship.
"I'm persuaded that Superstars is a great choice to open yourself to other categories than F1 and it really fits for me, considering my adaptable nature. Superstars is a really important championship that lines-up great drivers and teams. I'm sure that this season will be extremely spectacular," said Liuzzi.
Liuzzi is going to drive a Mercedes C63 AMG for CAAL Racing while Salo is going to join Christian Fittipaldi in the Swiss Team with a pair of Maserati Quattroportes.

The Superstars season starts on the 1st of April at Monza. Four races of the 2012 calendar will be held in Italy while the remaining five are divided in to England, Hungary, Belgium, Portugal and Indonesia. The championship has announced plans to host races in the USA next year and possibly Brazil for 2014.

Had.

F1 last raced in SA in 1993, whilst the WSC raced in 1983 and '84.

We were supposed to get FIA GT1 in 2010, but the FIA decided that because we were holding the World Cup, we would not be ready for it. They postponed it for 2011. We STILL do not have a race.

Fine, we had A1GP. Which is now defunct...

There have been plans to bring F1 to SA again, but I doubt they will. :(

Cheers,
Chris

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years