2012 IndyCar Series

575x459.jpg

Looks absolutely brilliant indeed, better than expected. Thanks lot Eric

I actually think I like the new look to. I hated it at first, but it doesn't look bad at all with the right liveries.

Although, I would prefer the new look rather than a GP2 clone, so I guess win win for me. Lets hope these things handle better on the road courses than that clumsy Dallara

If i am in town, I think I shall try to make it to pole day this year at IMS. Though personally I prefer road courses, you can't knock having that track only 20 minutes from home.

Rubens Barrichello released from Williams Formula One team.

1084699_article_img_large1.jpg

The most experienced driver in Formula One history is going to test an IndyCar next week in Sebring, Fla. but it’s not known whether or not Rubens Barrichello is serious about a full-time ride in the 2012 IZOD INDYCAR series.

SPEED has learned that the 40-year-old Brazilian is driving one of KV Racing Technology’s cars alongside countryman and good friend Tony Kanaan next Tuesday and Wednesday in Florida.

Co-owner Jimmy Vasser, team manager Mark Johnson and Kanaan could not be reached for comment but Barrichello’s debut in an IndyCar was confirmed by a source close to the Indy-based team.

A 19-year veteran of Formula One with 322 starts, 11 wins and a pair of runner-up finishes in the World Championship, Barrichello was not retained by Frank Williams following the 2011 season.

The chairman of the Grand Prix Drivers Association, Rubens became the first driver to ever reach 300 F1 starts in 2010. His last victory came at the Italian Grand Prix in 2009 for Brawn Racing.
Nigel Mansell was also 40 years old when he left F1 for CART in 1993, where he captured the championship.

Kanaan finished fifth in the 2011 point standings for KV Racing, which is planning to run three cars with Chevrolet power this year.

source

HaHa, that´s a nice one! I would like to see Rubens at IZOD, but I knew his wife, don´t wish to see he driving an Indy car, because ovals are too dangerous. But If he really will test, I guess he persuaded she. That would be great, Indy cars performance are much closer than F1. Rubens will make a destruction in this category! :D I´m not an Indy fan, but, if Barrichello goes to, Indy will get one more fan!:D

Seeing as he's essentially finished with F1, I hope he will be able to drive in IndyCar... it'll be the first time I'll actually watch the series if he does! He seems like the kind of guy who won't stop racing, no matter what.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%