1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 IndyCar Series

Discussion in 'IndyCar' started by Juen-Jen Wang, May 11, 2011.

1. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Uuuuhhh No! I hope they don't release car like that! Don't like that fendered look on the back of car.
  2. interesting back end there. should help protect cars from riding up and taking to flight... so to speak. nice safety thought but, like most things will take some getting used to seeing. hey... it could even help lower spray so they could race in the rain! :)
  3. Yeah, i pretty much like every bit of the new car except the rear. The road car looks better than the oval car but I like the oval car's nose a lot better lol. Either way, atleast it's something new and not a GP2 clone

Again, i'd rather have these cars than a soul-less GP2 clone looking car. And as Keith has said, if it does help with the spray.... OVAL RACE IN THE RAIN FTW!!!
  4. Front: Niiiiice.
    Rear: No. Bad. Bad. BAD!
  5. Wow that is ugly
  6. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I think they made that back, specially at the oval one, to prevent the "wheel-to-wheel" accidents where a car takes off, kind of Webber at Valencia last year.

I like the road course car more, don't really worried about the aero package as in 2013 there will be like 6 different ones, so the cars will look different, this is the Dallara's one to be used only (unless a team keeps it) in 2012.
  7. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas
    Premium Member

NO no no why why!!!:( indycars is my favorite raceseries and i hurts my heart to see these ..., car:(.
    hehe anyway i will visit the boss gp series and there we see the good old gforce chevy and oldsmobile:D
  8. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Hahah you will get habituated Bjorn... it happened to me every year with F1 (except this one as 2011 look better than 2010 ones) but at the end they look ok for you :)
  9. I must say it does look very weird. Very futuristic.
  10. Uhhhhhh...

Proper Indy car:

11. Looks like something from Thunderbirds!! (op)
  12. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Or Back to the Future!
  13. I kinda like them, except for the rear end that is.
  14. Has anyone told Batman that his car has been stolen?
  15. It is one of those cars that makes you go "huh" at first glimpse
    but keep looking at it, it does grow on you (or at least on me as I'm finding it slowly but surely a nice looking ride)
  16. Nothing comparing to the the rejected Deltawing project.

17. I'm starting to like it more and more... we'll see what the aero kits will look like in the future
  18. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Has anybody seen the 2012 in action already?
  19. after burners?