2012 HRT F112

Looks like they took last year's Sauber, painted some gold and red on it and then attached their old nose + a front wing from 1995.

Pedro de la Rosa, who returns to full-time racing with the team from his homeland this year at the age of 41, revealed at last week’s FOTA Fans’ Forum that the car had been designed to include KERS, but that a decision on whether to fit the energy-storage device would be deferred until later in the season.
And to think I was already worried about the Virgin becoming the slowest car because of no KERS... Looks like HRT intends to have a tight grip on that last row :p

Edit: Also, poor Liuzzi. Must be a terrible feeling to be forced to stand there smiling, while a guy two classes below him sits in the racing overall...

And they might still turn out to be the team to improve their car by the largest margin compared to last season. After all they don't really have to compensate for the loss of the EBD since they never had one :p

The differences I see between this years and last years:
- Different nose and front wing (especially the connection between them)
- Bargeboards seem to have disappeared..
- The construction around the airbox seems a little different.
- Sidepods are different
- The fin has disappeared..

Further it looks like a copy..

It's essentially last years cars but with the updated regulations...
Too be a self-acclaimed fact-god you are missing out on some things...

The differences I see between this years and last years:
- Different nose and front wing (especially the connection between them)
- Bargeboards seem to have disappeared..
- The construction around the airbox seems a little different.
- Sidepods are different
- The fin has disappeared..

Further it looks like a copy..

The front wing seems like a step backwards. However, it might not be finished. There are talk about things still being made. Such as the bargeboards.

- The front suspension geometry is completely different, and mounts much higher, so its probably a new monocoque.
- The rear bodywork is different, much tighter.
- The rear wing and its end-plates are different.
- Rear suspension geometry looks different. Which is pretty logical, as this is the first HRT with a pullrod

They are also one of few (or the only) that are not trying to blow the diffuser, but are blowing the rear wing. As this was the only approved concept during the off season, and they couldn't afford to be wrong-footed by a late regulation change.

Teams which are lacking resources cannot start with a clean sheet very often. This goes for HRT as well. But the car is different. And mainly mechanical. Which is a good thing.

Yes yes certain stuff are changed, but it´s as far as i know last year´s chassis that has been modified to fit new regulations and new bits, like rear suspension.

Will be interesting to see downforce levels of this car. Especially when blowing the rear wing.
3-5 seconds is my guess in Q3.

Then I wonder what a team have to do, to come up with a new car in your eyes. If they change the monocoque, and then front of the car looks higher then last years car. Then there is no point in using the old Dallara tub. Because that won't fit anymore.
A new front, a new rear, and a slimmer car overall. Coupled with new suspensions in the rear. And hopefully better mechanics. That's about as much as every other team does. But I guess it's worse for HRT. Because... well, they are HRT:

EDIT: Apparently they arrived so late in Barcelona because trucks are forbidden in France between 10:00 p.m Sat and 10:00 p.m Sun... true? O.o

Not going to lie, this car looks nice (except for the nose of couse) and I love the colours. But of course just because it looks nice doesn't mean it's going to preform well. Most likely going to be the bottom feeders again especially since it took them this long just to get their new car up and running.

http://www.f1pole.de/f1-2010/f1-2011-hrt-f112-beta-car-skin.html

:)

hrtbetaskin.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back