2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season finale for Nascar is this Sunday, although I saw Speed advertise that they would broadcast the F1 race during the Abu Dhabi grand prix. Something could have changed by now though since I haven't watched much TV lately. It's still a big kick in the balls to the broadcasting team though, they've been hyping it up ever since it was announced only to not be able to broadcast on location because of a last minute decision.

Anyways, really can't wait to have F1 back in the States at a proper track now. I never liked Indianapolis, I feel that road courses made within oval tracks just don't work.

Edit: Yep, just checked the Speed website and it says that they will be broadcasting the race (and not Fox).

That is even worse, because speed is a fairly deep cable channel. I do not have cable, so it looks like an internet feed for me. No free national coverage in the US.

And if you didn't know, speed is owned by fox.

Yeah, kinda hard not to notice that Fox owns Speed because Fox has had their logo on screen for all the F1 broadcasts since Suzuka.

It does make more sense for them to broadcast the race on Fox though, mainly because of the bigger coverage Fox has in comparison to Speed and it would greatly help gaining some much-needed exposure in the US. But apparently in the agreement that they have with FOM, they are only required to broadcast three races on the Fox channel (which were the Canadian, European/Valencia, and British races).

293874_552020724824272_1344431872_n.jpg

Seb's being nice to viewers​
Q: (Jim Vertuno - Associated Press) Sebastian and any other driver, what do you make of the request for drivers to clean up their language a little bit post-race and do you see that as an attempt to appease an American audience that might be a little sensitive to that sort of thing?
SV: I think if you're sensitive you should watch - I don't know - some kids' programme. You have the remote control in your hand, so you can choose

I don't really like Seb, but, I respect him for saying that. :)
The very stupid thing about what Seb said was that, F1 is also for kids.

His responses generally have a degree of arrogance and condescension. I think should have just said "yes, old news, I apologised" Not say he doesn't care whether people watch F1 or not.

Obviously he doesn't need to care.

You left out a rather large part of Vettel's answer, Dmitry. His full answer to that question was:

I think if you're sensitive you should watch - I don't know - some kids' programme. You have the remote control in your hand, so you can choose. Surely it wasn't intentional at the last race. I think it's a bit unnecessary to create such a big fuss but anyway, if I said some things that weren't appropriate then I apologise but I think there's not a lot I have to do differently to succeed in that regard.

I'm not saying this because I'm a Vettel fan (I'm not); but - Vettel is absolutely right. I hate it when people complain about hearing a swear word.. as if swearing isn't normal. 22 complaints from English viewers to the BBC about swearing in the Abu Dhabi GP? Come on people.. don't be so utterly stupid. There's no need to create such a fuss about it, exactly what he said. People express emotions in different ways and one of them is to use swear words - which is proven to be stress reducing anyway. If you can't live with that, then bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%