2012 Formula One United States Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Allen disagrees with you:
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/11/austin-looks-like-a-real-red-bull-circuit/

Both Istanbul and Silverstone are RB circuits. Last year, Vettel obliterated everyone in Istanbul. They would have won in 2010 too if, well, you know...
Same goes for Silverstone. Alonso won last year because the FIA had disallowed the blown diffuser for that one race (and Vettel still might have won if they hadn't screwed up his pit stop). This year, he almost won because it was wet in qualifying. However, it was Webber who ended up winning, and he also did in 2010.
and u trust James Allen? LOL

hmmm I remember this year and last year and mos def in 2010 (despite the SC and panalty) Ferrari having at least pace with the RBs.

2011 Ferrari ended up Podium in Istanbul with RBs
2011 Ferrari up the pace in Silverstone.
2012 Same thing in Silverstone.

The only seciton I can see RB being good at is S3, which is somewhat quiet similar to Istanbul, especially that long right hander towards the end, we have yet too see, I have never trusted James Allen.

and u trust James Allen? LOL

hmmm I remember this year and last year and mos def in 2010 (despite the SC and panalty) Ferrari having at least pace with the RBs.

2011 Ferrari ended up Podium in Istanbul with RBs
2011 Ferrari up the pace in Silverstone.
2012 Same thing in Silverstone.

The only seciton I can see RB being good at is S3, which is somewhat quiet similar to Istanbul, especially that long right hander towards the end, we have yet too see, I have never trusted James Allen.
James Allen is definitely one of the most serious F1 journalists, if you can't trust him then you can't trust any of them.
Also, what I wrote below the link didn't have anything to do with what the JA article. Silverstone 2011, Ferrari was good because of the temporary ban to the blown diffuser. Silverstone 2012, they were good because of the wet qualifying. Those circumstances have nothing to do with the track characteristics.

Mario Andretti is really enthusiastic about this track, although I'm not totally excited about a track that is a selection of the best corners in F1. However it's better than Indianapolis.

Silverstone 2012, they were good because of the wet qualifying. Those circumstances have nothing to do with the track characteristics.

Yeah cmon, and if they are competitive in Austin it will be because the distamce with the moon... lol.

At Hockenheim the Ferrari won in dry conditions, so why wouldn´t it be possible to Ferrari? I think they did a good work this last weeks and the car will be improved.

Mario Andretti is really enthusiastic about this track, although I'm not totally excited about a track that is a selection of the best corners in F1. However it's better than Indianapolis.
Magny Cours in France is such a composite track as well and apart from the crappy location in the middle of nowhere its an epic circuit for drivers. Still miss it on the calendar.

Yeah cmon, and if they are competitive in Austin it will be because the distamce with the moon... lol.

At Hockenheim the Ferrari won in dry conditions, so why wouldn´t it be possible to Ferrari? I think they did a good work this last weeks and the car will be improved.
Alonso said after the race that the only reason they won was because he managed to qualify in P1, since they actually didn't have the best race pace. Qualifying on pole (in both Hockenheim and Silverstone) was only possible because it was raining, since that's when the Ferrari actually is as fast as the RB and McLaren.

Ferrari came alive in silverstone 2011 and 2012, 2012 tho they droped the ball in tyre strategy.

Get the feeling that the U.S really doesn't want f1, and its going to be korea, where f1 just shows up does it own thing and leaves!!! its big for f1 to be in america. its not big for america having f1.

Circuit statistics from Williams F1:

RACE
Number of Laps: 56
Lap Distance: 5.513km
Race Distance: 308.728km
Circuit Direction: Anti-Clockwise
TRACK
Top Speed: 312kph
Average Speed: 188.6kph
Average Corner Speed: 120kph
Longest Straight: 1000 metres
Altitude: 149 metres above sea level
ENGINE
Fuel Laptime Penalty: 0.374 s/10kg
Full Throttle: 54% of lap
TYRES
Prime Tyre: Chrome Hard
Optional Tyre: White Medium
STRATEGY
Typical Strategy: 1 or 2 stop race
AERO
Downforce Level: High
Cooling Requirement: Low

As far as the F1 website is saying, Fri - Mostly cloudly, max 20, same for Saturday, Sunday - Mostly cloudy, max of 22.
Local news would probably be more acurate. Im hoping it stays dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back