2012 Formula One Teammates Qualifying Battle

Will be updated after every Qualifying,
Williams
18 - Maldonado
_2 - Senna
-16.949s - Maldonado
HRT
17 - De La Rosa
_3 - Karthikeyan (failed to set a sub 107% time in Korea, counted only position)
-11.822s - De La Rosa
Mclaren
17 - Hamilton
_3 - Button
-7.825s - Hamilton
Toro Rosso
16 - Ricciardo
_4 - Vergne
-7.703s - Ricciardo
Marussia Virgin
13 - Glock (did not take part in one session due to illness)
_6 - Pic
-6.236s - Glock
Ferrari
17 - Alonso
_3 - Massa
-5.304s - Alonso
Caterham
13 - Kovalainen
_7 - Petrov
-4.156s - Kovalainen
Force India
12 - Hulkenberg (Broke gearbox at Monza so not even a Q1 time)
_7 - Di Resta
-3.841s - Hulkenberg
Sauber
9 - Kobayashi
11 - Perez
-2.210s - Perez
Mercedes
10 - Schumacher
10 - Rosberg
-1.394s - Schumacher
Lotus
10 - Grosjean (1 race ban)
9 - Raikkonen
-0.928s - Raikkonen
Red Bull
_9 - Webber
11 - Vettel
-0.588s - Vettel
Australia, Malaysia, China, Bahrain, Spain, Monaco, Canada, Europe, Britain*, Germany, Hungary, Belgium, Italy, Singapore, Japan, Korea, India, Abu Dhabi, USA, Brazil

*Time-relative not counted due to red flags and generally insane conditions. Counted scoring though.

I'd still include HRT and Marussia. They will be interesting battles regardless of how bad their teams are.
You are welcome to keep tab of them in the first post. I refuse to accknowledge their existence ;)
Maybe at the end of the season when they leave the GP2-field i might consider it.

One team are in worse shape then the first year so i can´t take it seriously.

I think you should include an average gap between drivers so we can see how close they've qualified.

Obviously you can't do it now, but soon we will see:
Alonso 4
Massa 0
Avg. Gap: 1.000s

You are welcome to keep tab of them in the first post. I refuse to accknowledge their existence ;)
Maybe at the end of the season when they leave the GP2-field i might consider it.

One team are in worse shape then the first year so i can´t take it seriously.

But the thread is about the driver vs driver performance. Not HRT or Marussia as teams.
I admit I don't particularly care about De La Rosa vs Karthakayan, but I think Glock vs Pic will be an interesting battle. Experience vs Rookie in the same (crap) machinery.

But the thread is about the driver vs driver performance. Not HRT or Marussia as teams.
I admit I don't particularly care about De La Rosa vs Karthakayan, but I think Glock vs Pic will be an interesting battle. Experience vs Rookie in the same (crap) machinery.

Yes that is a good point, i will honor the drivers :) Will update soon!

I think you should include an average gap between drivers so we can see how close they've qualified.

Obviously you can't do it now, but soon we will see:
Alonso 4
Massa 0
Avg. Gap: 1.000s

The plan i had was to count the total qualifying time between teammates over a season.
That way we know exactly how many seconds a driver has managed to put between him and his teammate over a season.
So say -0.500s for Grosjean this time, next Quali Kimi is 1 second faster so the total will be -0.500 in favor of Kimi.

The most interesting thing I can think of now, is to see how long it takes Kimi to catch up to Grosjean... Could be a couple of races, could be 10 or more.

Quick question with this, you're not going to include grid penalties or anything are you?
No, i feel that we should focus on the real speed of the guys and not some paperwork bs that pushes people down because of something that happened in the last race or in some practice.

An example would be De La Rosa, had one of his team crew on the track for too long, so he get´s a drive through.
It´s bs, give the team a reprimand by giving them a fine.

But yes, i do understand that is the way it is, what i´m trying to find out is the actual speed between drivers and what they can do on fumes in the tank compared to their teammate.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%