2012 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just add it when you make the thread. Then nothing needs to be fixed afterwards ;)

For some weird reason Xenforo doesn't allowed poll creation afterwards without having to merge it two threads and kill the original URL.

The pit exit last year was a little odd I thought, I never liked the pit entrance either.

I'm looking forward to this race actually, it's a nice change from fast tracks like Monza/Spa and gives teams to show what they really learned and fixed over the summer break. The fact that it's a street course and at night with the best scenery is just a perk. I expect either Red Bull or Lotus to be fast here, but who knows what Mercedes can do, after all Schumi did qualify on pole at Monaco and Nico did well enough for a podium spot. I think qualifying should be pretty interesting because on a street course qualifying position is pretty much everything. Also I missed the race last year, just caught the highlights, but is passing on this track actually possible or is it just one long train throughout?

I expect it to be Red Bull vs McLaren. Lotus and Mercedes should be up there. Alonso will always get himself into contention. Whatever way it goes, it should be fascinating.

but tire wear could be a Problem for Mercedes as the overtaking is Possible here
It is a night race though so temperatures will be cooler than during the day so that should help their tyre wear problem. But over the last few races I haven't seen them have too much of an issue with it, in fact they seem to do better when they tell the drivers to go balls out and make one extra pit stop. Nico has had fast lap last two races if I remember correctly so they do have some speed.

It is a night race though so temperatures will be cooler than during the day so that should help their tyre wear problem. But over the last few races I haven't seen them have too much of an issue with it, in fact they seem to do better when they tell the drivers to go balls out and make one extra pit stop. Nico has had fast lap last two races if I remember correctly so they do have some speed.

Maybe they do better (than themselves on a one stopper), but I don't see them earning back their extra stop from the rest of the field, at the most not losing much like in monza.

If they managed to qualify higher (and hold the place at the starts), it could work. But right now they start too low on the grid for gaining from extra stops. After each one they have to climb back overtaking half of the midfield.

Maybe they do better (than themselves on a one stopper), but I don't see them earning back their extra stop from the rest of the field, at the most not losing much like in monza.

If they managed to qualify higher (and hold the place at the starts), it could work. But right now they start too low on the grid for gaining from extra stops. After each one they have to climb back overtaking half of the midfield.

Well, Mercedes is great when it comes to top speed - problem is, there's not much use for top speed in Marina Bay. Also, they're having issues with how long the rear tyres last. That's certainly not going to help either. I think those are their main problems.

Renault should have fixed the problems they had with the alternators by the next race, everyone using Renault engines will still have a close eye on them though (Red Bull especially).

It will be interesting to see who is quickest here. McLaren has won the last three races with three different downforce packages (Hungaroring, Spa, and Monza) so they will be the ones to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back