1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2012 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by Hampus Andersson, Sep 10, 2012.

Who will win the Singapore Grand Prix

Poll closed Sep 24, 2012.
  1. Sebastian Vettel

13.7%
  2. Mark Webber

3.7%
  3. Jenson Button

8.9%
  4. Lewis Hamilton

26.6%
  5. Fernando Alonso

27.1%
  6. Felipe Massa

1.6%
  7. Michael Schumacher

5.3%
  8. Nico Rosberg

0.3%
  9. Kimi Raikkonen

10.3%
  10. Romain Grosjean

1.1%
  11. Someone else

1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]

Check out the official RaceDepartment Preview here

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. Think Red Bull will be strong here, Mercedes possibly as well but ultimately i think this will be a showdown between Vettel and Hamilton.

1. Hamilton
    2. Vettel
    3. Alonso

• Like Like x 2
  3. Due to the Worst performance of RBR in Monza i think they will be At the front and tries to get a 1-2 Finish on both Sat and Sun
    My Prediction:
    Sat
    1.Vettel
    2.Webber
    3.Grosjean
    Sun
    1.Vettel
    2.Button
    3.Webber

4. Normally when Hamilton has a competitive car he tends to perform quite well but I expect Lotus to be very string here if they decide to risk it and run with the DDRS.

5. bring on Singapore, one of my favourite tracks and it's quite technical :D.... i just hope the race goes well for Hamilton this year.

• Like Like x 2
  6. So many possible winners here.

RBR will be back since they have sick traction and that's what matters most here.
    It will most likely also be very hot, so Lotus will be extremely strong as well.
    Mercedes was good in Monaco so they will be good in Singapore as well, plus, they've got a big upgrade coming
    McLaren used to be really bad when it came to traction, but Hamilton's performance in Hungary shows that they've been working on it.
    And finally, you can never discount Alonso. He could have won in Monaco and if it rains (surprisingly, it never does, despite the high probability), he will be the man to beat.

My guesses usually suck, so with so many possibilities it's going to be a total disaster this time :D

Quali:
    Vettel
    Hamilton
    Alonso

Race:
    Alonso
    Vettel
    Raikkonen

7. According to Both Vettel and Fernando their Respective teams are going to have a Major upgrades so i believe it could be a Battle between Prancing Horses and Bulls at the front

8. Mclaren will also bring updates to Singapore. Mercedes as well.
    Mclaren has brought updates to every race since Hungary i believe.
    With their big package introduced in Silverstone which was followed by another wet event.

9. Battle is for Traction and Tire wear so Main Competitors could be RBR Ferrari Lotus and Sauber

10. Tire wear will be the Problem for Mclaren and Mercedes i believe so i guess it could be a Tough race for them due to High temps

11. Hampus Andersson
    You missed Poll again

12. Pretty sure that Lotus have said that they won't bring DDRS onto their car until Suzuka. Even if they did bring it to Singapore any advantage would be minimal since the straights are so short.

Also, if the track got a 5-year deal in 2007 then that means this is their last year under contract. Surely they'd be foolish not to get a new one in place.

Edit: Nevermind, turns out the first race at the track was 2008 so it'll end next year.

13. Ferrari vs Red Bull fight. Lotus and McLaren battle for outside podium places. A big question is Williams as they had history of doing very well in Singapore even with **** cars, now they have very good car especially under braking, and you have to brake a lot around Marina Bay circuit. It's up to their drivers really.

14. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yep, next time please add a poll guys.

15. Will Massa crash into the wall this time?

16. Make a thread and pm an admin then.

17. Elect the Winner of Singapore Grand Prix 2012

18. Posted and waiting for Merging of threads

19. to get you in the mood :D

20. I could have changed it myself if i had gotten the privileges ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.