2012 Formula One Japanese Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosberg was a separate incident, i think alonsos tyre just punctured or the esge of a lotus wing got hin either ita far from a watchable race.

Lewis driving like he ahould, not caring anymore since he wont b racing for them,

Jenson Way off pace compared to last year...

A safety car is need it if there is any chance.

Just turned off the tv, think whiskey shots and some xbox will take mind away from the Japanse Borefest 2012.

Why are you sounding like it's all over for Alonso? Alonso still keeps the lead no matter what happens, and there are still a few races left. I would be extremely happy if Vettel had a DNF and Raikkonen wins. :D

Kamui was amazing, there was alot of amazing drives today though, Vettel obviously was just perfect, he was toying with them for the entire race, on the 2nd last lap he posted a time that was pretty much two seconds faster then everyone else lol. Kamui was fantastic, it's no easy feat to hold off Jenson, nor Schumacher, Ricciardo did well there, and to go from last to 9th Webber did very well. Massa's drive was all of determination and fantastic.

Webber deserved better, Grosjean deserved that penalty if not perhaps a DQ, but I don't know what Alonso was talking about with Raikkonen, it was completely his fault, he squeezed Kimi and Kimi had no where to go.

Anyway, brilliant race, great way to wrap up the days motorsport, but Vettel will run away with this now, he's got the form and Alonso can only push a suffering car so hard, he can't compete with the Red Bull.

Rosberg was a separate incident, i think alonsos tyre just punctured or the esge of a lotus wing got hin either ita far from a watchable race.

Lewis driving like he ahould, not caring anymore since he wont b racing for them,

Jenson Way off pace compared to last year...

A safety car is need it if there is any chance.

Just turned off the tv, think whiskey shots and some xbox will take mind away from the Japanse Borefest 2012.
you do seem to be negative about f1 races lately, if you don't like them don't watch them!

Lewis driving of pace and not caring anymore? where the hell do you get all this information from? blown smoke if you ask me, and it's totally untrue, a racing driver will try their dammed hardest to be in the best position possible, that all comes down to the driver and the pit crew.

if you would have kept the tv on you would realise both Mclarens had weak setups for this event.

Boy did the Japanese fans go wild for Kamui, shouting out his name untill he got out onto the podium great stuff to see!

Happy for Felipe too, his first podium since Korea 2010, got so excited he knocked down his champagne.

Congrats to Vettel for the win. No one was going to touch him today. Vettel in his Red Bull are winners in 3 of the last 4 years at Suzuka and 4 for 4 for podiums. Also, congrats to Massa, it's good to see the Brazilian finally get back on the podium after a 2 year absence. Finally it was awesome to see Kobayashi get his first podium in front of his countrymen.Talk about a good weekend for the Japanese driver and his fans.

Tough luck for Webber, Alonso and Rosberg for their first turn misfortunes, but it is racing and these things happen. Five more races to go and while Vettel has the momentum, this has been one crazy season and the Ferrari is mechanically more reliable than the Red Bull. The Championship between the Spaniard and the young German is on. Who will be the next three time WDC? Only time can tell.

Congrats to Vettel for the win. No one was going to touch him today. Vettel in his Red Bull are winners in 3 of the last 4 years at Suzuka and 4 for 4 for podiums. Also, congrats to Massa, it's good to see the Brazilian finally get back on the podium after a 2 year absence. Finally it was awesome to see Kobayashi get his first podium in front of his countrymen.Talk about a good weekend for the Japanese driver and his fans.

Tough luck for Webber, Alonso and Rosberg for their first turn misfortunes, but it is racing and these things happen. Five more races to go and while Vettel has the momentum, this has been one crazy season and the Ferrari is mechanically more reliable than the Red Bull. The Championship between the Spaniard and the young German is on. Who will be the next three time WDC? Only time can tell.

You need to work for Sky mate, nice post ;).

I find it super unlikely that Alonso can keep any sort of lead. The car isn't as fast as the Red Bull, or McLaren, although they were a bit of the pace today to the Ferrari. Reliability is only going to get you so far, you have to win some races and Alonso must. I don't think we will see much more reliability issues for Red Bull and I've heard they have some big body work upgrades for Korea.

That's what I'm thinking as well :(
I dont understand why Ferrari doesnt bring more updates to the car. As far as I remember they only had a new rearwing endplate in Singapore, which didn't like ist should.

I'm a huge Ferrari/Alonso fan, but if Ferrari can't make their car competitive again I don't see Fernando as the favorite for the title.

Ferrari had some updates for the past few races(new rear wing in Singapore, I believe?) but the correlation between their windtunnel and what they are actually getting out of the new parts is wrong. So most of their upgrades haven't helped them at all. So I beleive this is why they are using the Toyota windtunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%