2012 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valencia is a fun track to drive on any good sim

im gona have to agree with Markus here. I too predict MS will be the first or second DNF(on his way out of the pits right left wheel nut will fall off and DRS will fail imediately after..or in reverse order:):thumbsup:)

Race
1.Vettel
2.Alonso
3.Hamilton

Valencia is a fun track to drive on any good sim

im gona have to agree with Markus here. I too predict MS will be the first or second DNF(on his way out of the pits right left wheel nut will fall off and DRS will fail imediately after..or in reverse order:):thumbsup:)

Race
1.Vettel
2.Alonso
3.Hamilton
May be your Prediction about Micheal go wrong and he could be in top 6 for the first time
It's a shame that Mercedes is making Micheal Loose points almost every race.

Vettel and alonso seem to be safe bets for podiums.

add hamilton to that list for quali spots, McL are always good on saturday.

I think lotus is going to shine here as well as red bull.

official prediction:
q: Vettel, Hamilton, Grosjean
r: Vettel, Raikkonen, Grosjean

pole position mattered last year, it was difficult to overtake.

no one really knows what the DRS zone is going to be this year, but i'd say pole is still pretty important.

Of course if mclaren gets pole they'll most likely mess up the strategy or pit stop(s) and wind up scrapping for low points.

That's because the straights aren't really straight, so the slipstream advantage is reduced. This is the case in Monaco and Hockenheim. In Spain, the last chicane separates the cars for the pit straight. Valencia combines the two, curved straights and chicanes before them.
Quote from Marc Webber:

[..]That's because there are a couple of kinks, which is something that has been overlooked when it comes to promoting overtaking through circuit design.
It's the same at Spa in Belgium with the run through Blanchimont to the Bus Stop chicane, and up the hill after Eau Rouge. And in Turkey on the back straight.
As you go through a kink, the slipstream becomes more powerful. The car seems to give off a slightly different wake and that opens up your options when it comes to overtaking [...]

Thanks for the Hamilton link Kartik, was interesting to hear him dicsuss the feeling of other cars etc.

As for the race, i think new Pirelli´s and DRS will provide a fairly good show this year.
Well not to mention cos i too want to know about him lot more and i want to share that with you guys
As for Race i wish we had only one DRS after the Bridge Straight which was perfect spot for Overtaking instead of two and i think every team go for a 2 stop strategy instead of Single Stop due to length of Circuit and Low and high speed corners which needs high traction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.0%