Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
The Track
Circuit Name: Shanghai International Circuit
Circuit Length: 5.451 km
Race Distance: 305.066 km (56 laps)
Lap Record: 1:32.238 - Michael Schumacher (2004)

Time Table
Friday 13 April 2012
02:00 GMT Practice 1
06:00 GMT Practice 2

Saturday 14 April 2012
03:00 GMT Practice 3
06:00 GMT Qualifying

Sunday 15 April 2012
07:00 GMT Race

Teams & Drivers
Red Bull
Engines: Renault
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Mark Webber

McLaren
Engines: Mercedes
3. Jenson Button
4. Lewis Hamilton

Ferrari
Engines: Ferrari
5. Fernando Alonso
6. Felipe Massa

Mercedes
7. Michael Schumacher
8. Nico Rosberg

Lotus
9. Kimi Raikkonen
10. Romain Grosjean

Force India
11. Paul di Resta
12. Nico Hulkenberg

Sauber
14. Kamui Kobayashi
15. Sergio Perez

Toro Rosso
16. Daniel Ricciardo
17. Jean-Eric Vergne

Williams
18. Pastor Maldonado
19. Bruno Senna

Caterham
20. Heikki Kovalainen
21. Vitaly Petrov

HRT
Engines: Cosworth
22. Narain Karthikeyan
23. Pedro de la Rosa

Marussia
Engines: Cosworth
24. Timo Glock
25. Charles Pic

2012 Standings
Click here

2011 Winner
Lewis Hamilton (McLaren - Mercedes)

2011 Onboard
Nico Rosberg (Mercedes GP)

F1 2011 and 2010 has literally destroyed youtube with their shitty onboard videos of a shitty game.
[/rant]

Mclaren has done good here, i expect Hamilton on Pole once again, possibly edged my Schumacher but i think he will either get front row or second row.
I also hope he banks this one, there´s two races where things haven´t went well for him so i hope he can lead this one from start/finish.

I think Red Bull will be slightly closer in this qual as well.

by the way....why the wait .... it should of been this weekend :mad:

Let the guys working 16 hours a day for 5-6 days during a race weekend have some rest :)

EDIT: Just to clarify, after all, people might pick on trivia. I know a race weekend goes over 3 days ( or 4 in Monaco, because there are practice Thursday). But many guys in the team, does set up all the stuff in the garage, the motorhome etc. and does indeed work 5-6 days the weeks there are a race. :)

I hate that T1-2 combo... At the start of lap, your tires are getting very hot and then the car looses grip on the rest of it... "We want it to be just like Malesia but longer..." And the fact that the whole track is modelled after a chinese letter, what a crappy circuit. "The track layout was inspired from the Chinese character shang (上) the first character in the name of the city Shanghai, meaning "above" or "ascend"."

800px-Shanghai_International_Racing_Circuit_track_map.svg.png

EDIT Hmm, i thought that it's T1-2 but it seems to be for some strange reason T1-3... The only place where it gets even remotely interesting is T8.. And their website is in Chinese only.. That's just awful..

EDIT2: lol, just hear the description of a lap:
- very long right-hander
- sharp left-hander
- short right-hander straight... up to 7th gear
- hairpin
- long, fast left-hander
- long, fast right-hander.
- two fairly sharp, medium speed left handers
- short straight.
- sharp, slow left-hander
- long, fast right-hander which is classified as two turns by the designer, Hermann Tilke.
- very long back straight, the longest in Formula One, at 1170m.
- hairpin.
- fast left-hander to finish

It´s a technical track i give you that.

For me i like the T1-3 complex with the super fast entry downshifting and braking while turning harder and harder only to take a wide entry into T3 and power out.

T5-T6 uneventful but out of T6 is where the fun starts, really fast T7 and part T8.
Then T12-T13 which is banked is pretty cool i have to say.

Apart from that there´s nothing really driver pleasure in it. 100% a technical track, which usually provides some good racing because of that.

Is the DRS zone already set? Same as last year? Because personally I'd prefer it on the pit straight, it's just too strong on the back straight and on the pit straight it would provide more overtaking maneuvers like Hamilton vs Button...

Is the DRS zone already set? Same as last year? Because personally I'd prefer it on the pit straight, it's just too strong on the back straight and on the pit straight it would provide more overtaking maneuvers like Hamilton vs Button...

That's why they'll have it only in the last half of the back straight, like last year.

I still go for getting rid of DRS.

I think they should have a single-detection before the back straight, then activation zones in the second half of the straight then again on the pit straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.5%