2012 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when things started to calm down and there is a clearer picture of who will be fighting for the win week in and week out mother nature decides that this will be a wet race lol. I'll pull a top 3 out of my rear end though.

1) Alonso
2) Hamilton
3) Raikkonen

It was supposed to rain all weekend during the Canadian Grand Prix. We got a dry qualifying and race.

I still want a wet race though, but not wet enough that rain drops get on the drivers' visors and the race gets red flagged.

Oh yeah, driving at the front in clean air with the best car (with its rear pretty much glued to the track) must be SOO tiring.

Cause usually there are more corners than full speed straights?

LOL yeah, the car won that season not him.
back in 2011 I bearly woke up to see about the last few laps, and what a shocker were the results :thumbsdown:

lets hope he continues to fight for it, earning it instead of relying on loopholes...then again the newey curse might hunt him, which I would not complain.

So if one person or team dominates the season, that means the whole season is boring ? It's not all about the win. Last season was a great season and just because you don't like RBR or Vettel, doen't mean that it is a boring season.

I never remember people saying Schumacher and Ferrari were boring. People were saying that Schumacher was a great driver. However if Vettel and Red Bull are winning, it means they are terrible for the sport...
Is a fact that people that do like him, don't get boring.
Schumis dominance wasn't boring, matter fact he actually fought tooth and nail, except for his 2004 and 02 title, to earn his wins, but it did get actually old to watch the same old dog win, but he was a master.

Vettel's season was dominant not because of him, but because of the huge advatange his car had over the rest of the field, even if it didnt have top speed. That's what made it boring, because people expect to see a fight for the title, not just one person literally crusing with it, and that is why people started disliking Vettel.
For that I add most part blame into the other teams for being so "conservative" in their design, unlike Newey who just hacks and delivers, surprised? don't be, the RB of 2011 could of been actually much slower, how did he manage to by pass everyone, it was Renaults actions, th engine manufacturer themselves said that they used this "exploit" of ebd for "engine reliability" reasons mainly. You can find the article in the bbc site and other f1 sites dating back to the Valencia/Silverstone gp. Newey knowing this used it to full advantage, and tada! magical no engine issue, just because of an exploit.

Now 2012 is by far the best season I have seen in years, this tops the early 2000s, even some of my favs like 06 and 07, a close field, real fighting, and I can see why now people are becoming upset, they don't want to see someone just walk away like that, especially the previous world champion.

Alonsos win in Valencia was just nothing but skill and pride behind that wheel, and of course a good strategy from 11 and the retirements/ safety car, and thats the nature of F1.

Whatever aero package Vettel's car has must be a miracle of gods, knowing how tight the rules are, especially for the rear body. Let's just hope that +20 second advantage was nothign but a fake mirage of the performance, or else viewers and fans both here and other places will start flaming beyond madness.

I personally would love to see tooth and nail fight to the end for the title, is it possible? oh yes , as long as this train packs keep on going with odd quialis yes. Although Vettel's seem to have gained advantage, the race was in Valencia, not such a great place to see the pace of a car, maybe, maybe (and i do hope so) Lotus will be superior in the next few races, then Ferrari, then other team and then another, I mean its so unprectable we shouln't be so judgemental about the gain performance until umm Hungary perhaps..but yeah I did critized a lot on Vettel, he was supposed to be fast but even commentators siad that his car without EBD was off pace, perhaps because he was so used to it, but we seen how the tide changes, Mclaren came into the season as a dominant team and in spain it all started to fall apart...in the end, the team that can manage fast and reliablity shall win, and of course the driver must be focused at all times, hence why I praise Alonso for his hard work, even b4 he became a WC, he pushed the car.

Even with the Best car he needs to Deliver the Goods I think Seb Delivered More than the car capable of. But never the Less Sebastian was with 85 points this season only due to the Previous Version of RB8 not the New Version
Fernando was using his Enormous Skill and Talent but Ferrari is Not a Dog since Race 5 and it was giving him the Best and He was Squeezing 500% of it with His skill, Intelligence and his Vast Experience
I Must Agree Seb was Got used to EBD and OTBD that's why he was fell behind Mark in the early part but when he got used to the New Car he was giving most of His performances
I guess it was going for another 5 way Battle to the end of season with Fernando, Lewis , Sebastian , Kimi , Mark as the Contenders

but yeah I did critized a lot on Vettel, he was supposed to be fast but even commentators siad that his car without EBD was off pace.
Then how he got pole in Bahrain Montreal and Valencia do he have EBD??

Commentators Praise him when he had Pole and Criticize him when he was not in Pole
When he was Fell behind Mark in early part the Commentators said it was end of Vettel and When he Didn't qualify for Q3 in China they said he lost him self Completely but in Bahrain he got pole then they Praised him and said "Red Bull are back in Business and Answer from Vettel was Yes"

So don't believe Completely what the Commentators says

Also as per your Comment why Mark can't get P2 at least 10 times when he had the Best car on grid

So Schumacher didn't have the best car in 2002 and 2004 ? Barrichello was usually 2nd or 3rd just like Webber in 2011.

Vettel hasn't had to fight for his championships ? 2010

Alonso's Win at Valencia was Skill ? Yeah it was skillful, he overtook many cars quickly and got away. However if it wasn't for retirements and pitstop problems, the best he would of got would of been 3rd.

It dosen't matter what you say, you are clearly against Vettel just because he easily won in 2011. You also don't like Vettel because he beat Alonso in 2010.

So Schumacher didn't have the best car in 2002 and 2004 ? Barrichello was usually 2nd or 3rd just like Webber in 2011.

Vettel hasn't had to fight for his championships ? 2010

Alonso's Win at Valencia was Skill ? Yeah it was skillful, he overtook many cars quickly and got away. However if it wasn't for retirements and pitstop problems, the best he would of got would of been 3rd.

It dosen't matter what you say, you are clearly against Vettel just because he easily won in 2011. You also don't like Vettel because he beat Alonso in 2010.
and you like Vettel because he beat Alonso to the end?

your conclusions are irrelevant.

please elaborate how clear I hate Vettel, i simply critize him for not being able to put that car on pole in the beginning, no freaking duh updates will help the performance and he will make use of it to get pole.

Yeah it was a skillful win, even if he would of theoretically gotten 3rd, what other driver, apart from seb or someone else, couldof manage a podium, especially in a slow car compared to the rest of the grid. thats how you get wins.

again your "against" comment is invalid, im critizing especifically the car, not the driver, all drivers are good and make the most of the car, thats the point, not "against". kid comment figures.

Last year everyone pissed over Lewis because of his attitude, and everyone started to dislike him, this year he wins 1 race and eveyrone loves him, last year nobody liked Vettel, BECAUSE of his car, see there kid, the car made it not like, I clearly just didn't just like him LAST year, mainly because after 7 races it got boring watching the same guy, it clearly does, unless your a Sebastian fan, which is okay, but not everyone here is going to like him or dislike him, hence the freedom to comment within the regulations here to protest your disgust or love against him or any other driver in the grid. His car did the job, and belive me, I liked Vettel AS a driver, in 2008-09-10, although my roots started with 2003 Alonso.
In the end, you can say whatever you want against any driver or praise any driver here, there are clearly no rules against that, just dont go bashing the person criticizing or praising the driver you like or may not like.

Vettel has a clear chance of winning this year, not only because he is a good young driver, but because I'm afraid the other teams are not pushing as aggresive as the RB team when it comes to aero performance. The again, the field is a lot closer, so that means he will have to show his true colors in race day, if other teams are catchign up with upgrades, and lets not forget the talent of his teammate, alonso and lewis, and the luck and bad luck that comes with race day.

good day, sir, or whatever you want to be.

Even with the Best car he needs to Deliver the Goods I think Seb Delivered More than the car capable of. But never the Less Sebastian was with 85 points this season only due to the Previous Version of RB8 not the New Version
Fernando was using his Enormous Skill and Talent but Ferrari is Not a Dog since Race 5 and it was giving him the Best and He was Squeezing 500% of it with His skill, Intelligence and his Vast Experience
I Must Agree Seb was Got used to EBD and OTBD that's why he was fell behind Mark in the early part but when he got used to the New Car he was giving most of His performances
I guess it was going for another 5 way Battle to the end of season with Fernando, Lewis , Sebastian , Kimi , Mark as the Contenders

is not only Seb who got used to the EBD and other exploits but also in the practice sessions of Melbourne, some other drivers had to "re-learn" how to drive with such low rear downforce, not mattering how big the rear wing was, im sure by the time we got to Bahrain everyone could manage, is just a matter of dealing with the cards given to your and calling our your calls and decisions in race day. This is not a "anti-vettel" thing here, criticism is valid for anybody here whether ur a fan or not.

I relaly could care less if you don't like me because I tend to not only critize Vettel or any other driver like Maldonado, whom i refer to as "the new Montoya" ;)

We are all fans of F1 here, and we are clear to shout out our likes and dislikes, me preferably, enjoy this season, just because its twisted as hell.

...and just because my profile pic is an alonso helmet doesnt mean ima de hard for him, i dislike him in many ways, belive me, maybe because he reminds me a bit of Prost at times, which he is my least fav, but i have it cuz the design is pretty cool.

The Renault engines are IMO delicate, could it be temperature related? maybe, 2011 was perfect, but 2010 had its issues, now you see how some ebd actually helped their reliability, this year who knows, maybe it just doesnt like being behind a safety car, who knows.

btw Kartic, off topic a bit, but ur mod in 2011 game works great thanks.

I say Webber, if he can manage to get the most as Sebastian did with the upgrades, gets pole and wins (if it doesnt rain)

@Diego Lopez
You can't completely say that the Car has Made the Difference as it gave him .4 or .5 which was Clearly a Untouchable but he made the More from it
Vettel has skill to move it ahead of every one If you see some Qualifying Laps of last year you can clearly observe how much Aggressive Vettel was Let it be Closed and tight circuit like Monaco,Australia or Open circuit like India, Japan etc as It earned him vital tenths in 2011
And in this season also he took pole in Montreal over 3 tenths Because of the Agression and Skill only

@Diego Lopez
You can't completely say that the Car has Made the Difference as it gave him .4 or .5 which was Clearly a Untouchable but he made the More from it
Vettel has skill to move it ahead of every one If you see some Qualifying Laps of last year you can clearly observe how much Aggressive Vettel was Let it be Closed and tight circuit like Monaco,Australia or Open circuit like India, Japan etc as It earned him vital tenths in 2011
And in this season also he took pole in Montreal over 3 tenths Because of the Agression and Skill only
yea this year, not saying he is relying 100% of his car, he clearly has as much skill as others, i say perhaps even more giving he is young and pushes during quali and the 1st stint of race day to create a gap. Just saying he got used to ebd and had to re-learn his driving skills a bit.

@Diego Lopez
I never said that i dislike you but i do Hate Some Drivers but i never said any thing in terms of Hate
But we are entitled to, unless especifically ruled out not to.
There is probably one driver I clearly disliked and hated it, but is way past this era.
People are just afraid of another 2011, perhaps that is why they are bashing Vettel, which isnt his fault really, he was just given a superb update, which in addition to his skill, can just walk with the title, thats what people dont want, and I cant blame them, like him or not, i remember by this time last year, the vettel,newey,rbr, ebd became a major discussion here, and in the media.
Thats what people really dont want, except for the fans of course, which is okay, nothing wrong with that :thumbsup:

The title this year, may go to the most fastest, reliable and aggresive driver/car, whic can be Grosjean, Vettel maybe Lewis, who knows, Marussia could win it perhaps! *fat chance*!

yea this year, not saying he is relying 100% of his car, he clearly has as much skill as others, i say perhaps even more giving he is young and pushes during quali and the 1st stint of race day to create a gap. Just saying he got used to ebd and had to re-learn his driving skills a bit.
Like all Drivers but He took some more time say 3 to 4 races and also No one in F1 cant Drive perfectly with out relying on his car by 100%
From his position of Seating to Adjusting the Setup all the small thing matter here

Like all Drivers but He took some more time say 3 to 4 races and also No one in F1 cant Drive perfectly with out relying on his car by 100%
From his position of Seating to Adjusting the Setup all the small thing matter here
Yup it does matter a lot, look at Massa, besides him sucking, the car seating, and other bits were this year focused on Alonsos liking, perhaps that is making the difference, or made some in the beginning.

In 2010 singapore, the chassis was changed to Vettels liking, and Webber complained about it saying he didnt like it, and we saw how not only physically, but also psychologically affected his performance, even tho they had the same cars. I seen Vettel use a lot of front camber last year, and this year is, if you compare side by side pictures, a lot less than last year. He also likes sitting upstraight, in areas where I see Alonso almost as is he were sitting on a "lazy boy sofa" almost.

If Vettel wins, he clearly earned it beyond anythign this year, just because how much the rules have affected the works of the RB car, not like he did not deserve it last year, but besides his skill he had quiet the advantage like schumi did with them bridgestone tyres :p

Pirelli is bringing an experimental hard tire to the British Grand Prix in addition to the unchanged hard and soft tires. The new hard tire will have increased grip, larger operating window, and more consistent wear. It may be introduced later on in the season. Drivers will have their usual allocation of tires, plus one set of the experimental hard tire to be used in practice.
Link: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/07/02/teams-test-hard-tyres-silverstone/

Pirelli is bringing an experimental hard tire to the British Grand Prix in addition to the unchanged hard and soft tires. The new hard tire will have increased grip, larger operating window, and more consistent wear. It may be introduced later on in the season. Drivers will have their usual allocation of tires, plus one set of the experimental hard tire to be used in practice.
Link: http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/07/02/teams-test-hard-tyres-silverstone/
I think they are giving them two sets for FP1 and FP2 sessions
Edit: I'm Right Pirelli was allowing teams to test two sets of new Hard Version of Soft tires for both FP1 and FP2 Sessions

The teams will each have two sets of the experimental hard tyre for the two Friday sessions in addition to their usual allocation, before reverting to Pirelli’s standard P Zero Silver hard compound and P Zero Yellow soft compound for the rest of the race weekend.
Source from Formula1.con

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back