2012 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was.. wow.. Didn't really think it was just divided airflow, i thought there was similar air"flap" fluid switch as merc used in the front wing working just on the pressure. This more like overflow port.. And the position in both sides of rollhoop, nicely creates automatic yaw correction, the effect decreases when you turn so DF increases..... Nice and simple...

EDIT: Maybe vortex generator after the overflow port in the main tunnel, that could start creating enough pressure difference to start driving air to the narrower channel...And they need to come up with a name, it's not at all DRS so.. And it's 2013 legal so Lotus are looking really really strong...

Friday, Rain

Saturday, dry, cloudy 13-15 degrees celcius, quite cold but should be dry through the Qualifying and FP3. Possibly a very light shower, probably not even weather for inters.
(0.1mm rain)

Sunday, Great weather, 17-19C and nice and sunny, 9-10% clouds.

Looks like Sat and Sun might be sunny so FP3 will be the session where you really have to make the most out of i think.

Here´s weather forecast from SPA Franchorchamps
http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Racing/Belgium/Spa-Francorchamps-Circuit.aspx?sday=2

d12ger734.jpg

Lotus F-Duct exits. It might be possible that they have third tunnel leading to starter hole above the diffuser. So the air get channeled more to the narrow channel and away from starter hole and the middle tunnel has constant ratio of air going thru it. If that is true then it has even more effect, in low speed the air gets channeled to act as doublediffuser sealing the air and at high speeds the rear wing is stalled but at the same time, diffuser returns to normal action... And this all without any moving parts and legal.

There is a theory that it still has some relation with DRS so that the small openings shown on the picture would activate with DRS but i don't think so.. With a third tunnel it gets more complex but it has certain logic in it then...

Want Hamilton to win but i think thisis how it will be
Qualy:
1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Raikkonen
4. Vettel
5. Button
6. Grosjean
Race:
1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Raikkonen
5. Schumacher
6. Button

Watch out for the Mercedes :) If it rains on race day then for some reason I can see them winning it. Also Maldonado could be in with a shout aswell (thats if he doesnt crash into anything lol). The Williams seemed to be very balanced in free practice from what I saw. Plus it seems to have brilliant mechanical grip in the slow corners.(Spain sector 3 for example - Maldonado made up something like 6-7 tenths over the other drivers through that low speed sector in qualifying).

Thats if it is a fully wet race. If its dry then I think that Hamilton, Vettel or Alonso could win. I dont see the Lotuses doing much as I think it will be too cold for their car to challenge for a victory. (Bahrain, Valencia, Hungary - all over 25 degrees and Lotus were very strong. Cold conditions dont suit their car) Since there are harder dry compounds at this race, maybe it will suit Hamilton as he can really push and be agressive which is what he is so good at.

If there is the occansional shower in the race with changing conditions then I think Button could be up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back