2012 Driver Changes - Early Predictions?

That's strange.
I remember seeing Martin Brundle asking Ross Brawn earlier in the year "which side of Michael's contract is the option on for 2012?" and Brawn said "Michael's. It's his decision."

I don't see Kubica returning to a race seat in 2012.
He can still barely move his thumb and has yet to get back into any kind of racing car.
Bearing in mind the new season starts in less than 5 months. He won't be ready.

I just read from Finnish newspaper, Kimi IS coming back to F1. He gave an exclusive interview to F1 Racing, the issue comes out in thursday. He says, "F1 one World Championship is the best memory i have. I've got several options to choose from" (loose translation of a translation, the original finnish article is here: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/formula1/raikkonen-puhuu-ensi-kertaa-paluuaikeista/art-1288423051830.html )

He's beginning a four month physical training period all though he can't be in that bad shape.. WRC needs some muscles too.

Also Taki Inoue said in his Twitter feed that Räikkönen has signed a contract with Williams.

I see Ferrari retaining their current drivers ...until next year or at least until the middle of the second quarter if Massa doesn't significantly step up his game. I see Perez there in 2013...again if Massa doesn't step up his game. Barrichello I think is done..hopefully I'm wrong. I don't see Kubica back on the grid in 2012 unless it's later for testing in Friday practice. I see Hamilton's role at McLaren diminishing...sadly. RBR will keep their lineup. I see Buemi relegated to testing.

Buemi is in real trouble now, he completely lost his status at Toro Rosso, he's 11 points down a driver 2 years younger, and he's not DJ, which considering Red Bull style and market is quite important :cool:

All the recent stink with Massa makes me wonder if Ferrari won't just buy out his contract at the end of the season.

There was talk of that a few months ago, but the question has to be asked, who is there that's (1) good enough? (2) available?) (3) willing to be a clear number 2 to Alonso?

Perez isn't available now until 2013 and he's the one being lined up for Massa's seat.

its very simple Nico isn't very happy by mercedes while schumacher is getting stronger. Rosberg will go to Ferrari, he is fast and ferrari wants him even if he is the clear number 2 because everyone in formula one wants to drive for ferrari one time.
now its his maybe only chance to get to the reds. if he stays by mercedes they will get someone else and if the car isn't a step forward...
when this happen i hope and praying every night that kimi will comeback and will get the free cockpit by mercedes.

:D

I did think of Rosberg, but he is still in contract for 2012. All the speculation about his contract is regarding 2013-onwards.
Plus he has publicly stated that he wants to stay with Mercedes, as they're willing to build the team and car around him once Schumacher bites the dust again.

I also don't think he would be happy to be Alonso's number 2.

massa has also contract for 2012, but as we learned a contract doesn't mean anything.
no side, rosberg even mercedes have confirmed rosberg for 2012. so it seems there isn't everything clear. of course rosberg wouldn't be happy as number 2 driver, accept it and thinking he will beat him next year... they all think they are better then the others. if he looks good against alonso, great. the whole world talked ( till spa) about the bad performance of schumacher and so they corrupt rosbergs performance. so no way to win for him, if he is in front of schumacher, they say schumacher is bad if he is behind...

i would like to see him stay by mercedes but i think for him would be the best to take the chance(if there is one) and go to ferrari.

maybe its just a poker from rosberg to get a better contract, maybe it would happen. i like rosberg think he is damn fast maybe fast like alonso.

and comeback from kimi, who doesn't want him back ?

hope not by williams, don't think they have the big time car next year. but maybe one year by williams and then to RBR for webber. i hope we see him by mercedes ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back