1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Dakar Rally

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Bram, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

The 2012 Dakar Rally will be the 33rd running of the event. It will be held in South America for the fourth successive time.

Use this central thread for all your Dakar '12 news, discussions, pictures and movies.
  2. Oh yeeees, and the glorious madness is back! I cant wait to see Loprais after his win at Silk Way Rally! Gonna be awesome :)
  3. Go back in the desert ! *crying*

Fu***** terrorists ! *funny voice*
  4. Bram

Jos Verstappen might enter in the trucks. However a truck license is required to race those monster so it seems he is doing a course now in Belgium where lives. Can be a winning combination. Jos and sand have been good friends during his F1 days :)

Good to finally see him back into motorsport
  5. totally agree with you:) but, I don´t know if you know, in Africa is also held race and also in similar time as Dakar in South America. it is called Africa eco race.
  6. Bram

I think Mali is still a no go for the TSO. Seeing recent events of people being kidnapped there I think its a wise decision to stay in South America for now.

Shame though as Dakar should start in Paris and end on the beautiful beach in Dakar imo
    • Like Like x 2
  7. TBH, I'm sick of Nasser. He has such a smug look at me I'm the best look to his face, i just want to smack him back to the middle of some distant dune. He might win a few stages but he wont win as those Hummers are too heavy.

Also the way he just switches teams, even within the WRC just screams disrepect. Like how he wanted VW to give him a Tourag for Dakar then when they didnt he left the team.

I'm hoping Mini have a great run and whoop his ass.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Bram

Few more days to go and Dakar finally starts :) Interesting rally month coming up :)
  9. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

• Like Like x 1
  10. Saw this just now on my Tumblr dashboard. Another testament as to why the Dakar Rally is not for the faint of heart. That guy had serious balls. Especially do that on a bike. Mad props to him and the rest of the motos.

Is there any way to follow the Dakar? Live stream?
  11. I came here to congratulate everyone on the start of new motorsports year, only to find out this tragic news.

R.I.P. Jorge :(

On the other hand, did you see that? Alfie Cox giving an interview in front of HIS burning car :cool:
  12. Bram

Damn, died after 55 km's in the first stage :(
  13. RIP :(
  14. Alfie Cox is taking part? Really? Guess he's too old to take a bike?

Oh, that means he's already out...
  15. Bram

Oh yes, his beautiful Volvo burned to the ground for some reason :(
  16. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff

2 cars roasted in 2 days of driving... What is happening down there?
  17. LOLOMGWTFBBQ! They are having a barbeque.

Alister McRae is somewhere between driving and retiring from the Dakar... Adam Malysz is taking part too.

And Al-Attiah storms from far back to stage win yesterday, wow.
  18. I hope it'll clam down because some dumbass will probably try to ban the Rally altogether...