2012 Dakar Rally

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
The 2012 Dakar Rally will be the 33rd running of the event. It will be held in South America for the fourth successive time.

Use this central thread for all your Dakar '12 news, discussions, pictures and movies.

Jos Verstappen might enter in the trucks. However a truck license is required to race those monster so it seems he is doing a course now in Belgium where lives. Can be a winning combination. Jos and sand have been good friends during his F1 days :)

Good to finally see him back into motorsport

I think Mali is still a no go for the TSO. Seeing recent events of people being kidnapped there I think its a wise decision to stay in South America for now.

Shame though as Dakar should start in Paris and end on the beautiful beach in Dakar imo

TBH, I'm sick of Nasser. He has such a smug look at me I'm the best look to his face, i just want to smack him back to the middle of some distant dune. He might win a few stages but he wont win as those Hummers are too heavy.

Also the way he just switches teams, even within the WRC just screams disrepect. Like how he wanted VW to give him a Tourag for Dakar then when they didnt he left the team.

I'm hoping Mini have a great run and whoop his ass.

Few more days to go and Dakar finally starts :) Interesting rally month coming up :)

Dakar-2012-Alfie-Cox-Unfall-fotoshowImage-d3af8bae-561272.jpg

Oh yes, his beautiful Volvo burned to the ground for some reason :(

LOLOMGWTFBBQ! They are having a barbeque.

Alister McRae is somewhere between driving and retiring from the Dakar... Adam Malysz is taking part too.

And Al-Attiah storms from far back to stage win yesterday, wow.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 370 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%