2012 British Touring Car Championship

Seriously I always have been a Plato fan. But last year, and particualrly this year, at the first round at BH, and even more at Donington, I totally lost my respect for him. It's not that he's doing stupid things (to Collard in 2nd race, and Shedden in 3rd race), he's just shrugs his shoulders, saying "well, what can I say, that's racing or it's Shedden's fault for braking at corners where u can't do that) lol...what a character. I'm not a Shedden-fan, but imo he was right saying Plato has to be disqualified)

Not condoning what Plato did, but Jackson put Plato off in race 1. Where's his penalty?
Yeah totally agree.

Plato is his own worst enemy sometimes. Yes I know you should fight for every position and he did that. Sheddon just defended brilliantly.

If Plato never punted him, we would be saying what a fantastic drive from Plato, but instead were now discussing his dodgy manoeuvre.

Clio, Porsche, Ginetta in 2 versions =)
It may also be interesting to someone
bk.gif

Did anyone else go to Donington? It was mentioned on the tannoy that if you keep your ticket it could be used for another event, but I didn't hear the details. Does anyone know what event this might be?

I went to Donington. It was the first time I've been since 1998 (I was 7!). Really enjoyed the 2 days. I didn't hear anything about the tickets but would like to find out because I am only 15 mins away from the track. Is there anywhere I can post up some photo's of the weekend?

never mind all that. Well done to Tony Gilham. Got Sheddens car from last year and really got it hooked up in race 3. promoted to 3rd after the disqualification and as for plato, i wouldn't class him as totally blamless for going off in 1st race. Certainly what was done to him paled into insignificance after the manouvere he pulled on Shedden. Good luck for rest of season to Gilham.

Yes i went, the deal was something to do with the V8 superstars that are going to Donnington on the 20th May if i remember rightly (think you got either a discount or it was free).

defo was a deal on, just couldn't quite make out what it was!

Enjoyed the day, some great racing, some was a little boring, Watching Meadows drive away without much trouble in the Carrera races was a little like watching Schumi at the peak of his power in F1!!! lol

was impressed with Nic Hamilton in race 2 of the Clio cup, some good overtakes into turn 1, was unlucky to be spun after trying to go round the outside of Hollywood.

enjoyable day, bloody cold though!!

Honestly, some fantastic races from Thruxton yesterday. It amazes me that no one on these forums really talks about BTCC, but you all still love the World Touring Chevrolet Championship :p

Honestly, some fantastic races from Thruxton yesterday. It amazes me that no one on these forums really talks about BTCC, but you all still love the World Touring Chevrolet Championship :p

I really do love BTCC but as I am in Croatia there is no really good stream, ITV allows only brits to watch it and JTV usually cuts off after 2-3 min saying they maxed out connection to my country. BTCC should do stuff like ALMS does, putting stream on their site so whole world can watch it. Personally, I think BTCC is the best of motorsport today, F1, WTCC and all of them can suck it, especially red flagging when drops of rain are on track. If F1 was on Thruxton the other day they would cancel the race, im 110% sure.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 212 14.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 114 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 214 14.4%