1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2012 American Le Mans Series

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Hampus Andersson, Feb 14, 2012.

1. 1920x & .png :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thank for the pictures. :)
    Those brand spankin' new Flying Lizard Porsche's look fantastic!

• Like Like x 1
  3. The new livery on the Vette is great, Jake !!! :p

Other than that I think the cars are becoming a bit to shunky regarding the aero, look at the Porsche especially ! :eek:

4. I think the teams will be much more closely matched this year. BMW pretty much dominated last year.
    Should make for a very good season i think!

5. For second I thought that first shot of the 'vette was screenshot from GTR3. I guess that is a good thing.

Wish we had TV coverage of this here in NZ. ESPN Australia don't do it.

6. Nice pictures.........Ahh Sebring..............

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Awesome pictures Hampus!

8. SPEED in Oz cover the highlights every so often. Only good thing ESPN do is X-Games coverage.

9. Can´t wait for another season filled with close GT battles. :)

10. It's beautiful..

11. Looking very nice:).

12. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Looks a lot better than the old model :)

13. Tim Bergmeister, younger brother of ALMS Porsche driver Jörg Bergmeister suffered heavy internal injuries from his crash on Friday's Japanese Super GT race. He suffered 14 broken rips and a broken lumbar vertebrae. Due to the forces he substained in this accident, his lungs collabsed.

Although it is said his condition is stabil, Jörg Bergmeister was reported to be very concerned about the condition of his brother by Eurosport commentator Norbert Orkenga, who had a phone conversation before Jörg took a flight to Japan.

14. wow that was a BIG shunt! Always bad when the car has to "absorb" all of the energy in these head-on collisions.

What did he do? Braking for T1 and lost it? It´s Motegi right?

15. It is Fuji. Hard to tell what happened. I did not find any news about how it happened.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Ok... You all might noticed that the Porsche Supercup in Barcelona was cancelled due to problems with deformed rims. Radio LeMans was now speculating that this might have been a similar problem with Tim, that on the Start/Finish straight one of the rims broke. At least they said so in Midweeks Motorsport.

18. Lucky to be alive! Never good to see/hear of these incidents.

Get well soon! :thumbsup:

19. Mechanical failures suck.