2012 | 300 Miles of Sebring

Status
Not open for further replies.
300mlssebring.jpg

300 Miles of Sebring- INTRO & INFO

The RaceDepartment staff expects people who sign up to read this entire article!

Event: 300 Miles of Sebring
Date: Saturday - October 13th 2012
Platform: rFactor2
Class: Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z, Renault Megane
Track: Sebring 12h
Broadcast: under investigation
Driver Swaps: None

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to second official Racedepartment World Endurance Series event.
The Racedepartment World Endurance Series, or RDWES for short, is a series of (semi)endurance races we will hold during the year.
After a blast on Mid Ohio, we will again make a visit to the USA, to Sebring to be exact.
Sebring International Raceway is one of the oldest continuously-operating race tracks in the United States, its first race being run in 1950. As this track has a long history of Endurance racing, we feel we should honor it by this event.
There will be NO driver swaps allowed in this event. Total race length is 300 miles, which will equal about 2.5 hours of racing.

AVAILABLE CARS
The cars available will all be from the GT classes. In addition to the GT Endurance Series by ISI, we have decided to include the Renault Megane Trophy.
RaceDepartment will try to stay up to date with the latest patches and releases of these mod’s. This list will be updated according to the latest decisions of the staff concerning implemented patches and releases.
Available choices will be:

GT1
Nissan GT-R

GT4
Nissan 370Z
Maserati GT (taken out due to missing whipers and brake disc glow animation).

One-Make Racing
Renault Megane

SKINS
For this round, a custom MOD will be created. Everyone who wants to use a custom skin can make one and send it in a working download link. The DEADLINE is October 1st (!!!!), so after that you'll need to pick a standard skin for the race. Happy skinning guys! Don´t forget to put a RD logo on there. :thumbsup:

Dead line costum skin period has ended!

SCHEDULE/SESSION INFO - ALL TIMES IN GMT
Official Practice: 16:30 (90 minutes)
Qualification: 18:00 (30 minutes)
Warm-up: 18:30 (15 minutes)
Race: 18:45 (82 Laps = +/- 300Miles)

All drivers must be in the server at least 15 minutes before qualifying, anyone who joins after the start of qualifying will start from the back of their specified class with the exception of people who experience last minute technical issues. The server will be open for unofficial practice before official starting time, and will be restarted at 16:30 GMT exactly. From that moment on, the server will stay up, so a nice rubber pavement can be made.

Signups.
To sign up for this event, you must have a valid license from Racedepartment. If you sign up, we do expect you to show up!. To sign up, please take a look in the Sign Up Thread.

For now, we have limited the signup list to 28 entrants. If needed, we can expand that number with an additional 20 drivers, so all can have a go at this.

Notes.
· Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
· If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
· We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
· Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug forum here.

you can always adjust the settings, when you come into pit, i believe you can change the wing settings, just put the back one up abit more when the car starts to come abit lose, or have a reasonable anti- roll bar for the front and back :)
Yeah that's for sure, but I have the problem when I start a run with full fuel that it is very stable and planted and after half the fuel has burned off the car gets oversteery and a bit light at the rear, which is totally fine in qualy for me, but not if I want to race 300 miles in competition :D So some work to do there for me or just dealing with it :D Btw. which anti-rollbar settings do you think would help?

I think I got on top of it, just did a long run with AI drivers and just a note: I didn't find any rule regarding the behavior of cars that will be lapped. I think it should be very clear, that slower cars should always stay on the racing line, because the GTR's can well overtake on the outside in faster corners. In Mid-Ohio I often had the issue, that after the last chicane slower cars started to move offline to let me through, but I was already on the inside and had to avoid a crash. Also I think all GTR drivers have to use all 3 virtual mirrors to avoid accidents.

/edit: Slower cars should not continue fighting, when they get lapped, that caused a big accident for the leaders last time, because 3 Meganes and 3 GTR left the last corner together. But honestly I think lapping around Sebring will be more straight forward, but if you are in a fight for the lead it is very important, that slower cars are consistent in their behavior.

P.S. At the beginning I called that "just a note" :D Know I will shut up and sign in.

I think game says when we have to turn It on. I tried offline some time ago, and If I can remember you can see "warning" in chat followed by the text about headlights. I don't know exactly, I will test It today :D when It happens you have no much time to turn It on, If you don't do that, you will get black flag.

Has anybody a prediction regarding laptime (Nissan GTR)? I did some small runs and different setups, but at the moment I can't get the GTR as planted as I had it in Mid-Ohio and just want to know if at least the time is reasonable competitive. With the GTR it will be a hard race on high fuel it's ok, but on lower fuel load it gets loose.
My lap times are;
GTR-1:59:xxx
Megane-2:04:xxx
370z-2:08:xxx

personally i think that's a great idea but to early to do, i think we should stick to the day night concept for now, remember this is still fairly new to people, and the last thing we want is people getting lost at night on the track or going off.

just my 2 cents.
For the guys that haven't ran a night race yet it is very hard to see what you are doing when there is a car right behind you with the glare from the headlights so i would recommend lots of practice at night to get used to it.You almost have to drive the track from memory when you have the lights blinding you.

For the guys that haven't ran a night race yet it is very hard to see what you are doing when there is a car right behind you with the glare from the headlights so i would recommend lots of practice at night to get used to it.You almost have to drive the track from memory when you have the lights blinding you.
Thanks Matt ... need to start practicing from tonight then :D

I think an official practice or club race would be great. Also, we would see If someone have problems with performance and fps. I have to change my config to play at night... fps with my normal configuration, in night drops to half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.2%