2012 | 300 Miles of Sebring

Status
Not open for further replies.
300mlssebring.jpg

300 Miles of Sebring- INTRO & INFO

The RaceDepartment staff expects people who sign up to read this entire article!

Event: 300 Miles of Sebring
Date: Saturday - October 13th 2012
Platform: rFactor2
Class: Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z, Renault Megane
Track: Sebring 12h
Broadcast: under investigation
Driver Swaps: None

INTRODUCTION
Welcome to second official Racedepartment World Endurance Series event.
The Racedepartment World Endurance Series, or RDWES for short, is a series of (semi)endurance races we will hold during the year.
After a blast on Mid Ohio, we will again make a visit to the USA, to Sebring to be exact.
Sebring International Raceway is one of the oldest continuously-operating race tracks in the United States, its first race being run in 1950. As this track has a long history of Endurance racing, we feel we should honor it by this event.
There will be NO driver swaps allowed in this event. Total race length is 300 miles, which will equal about 2.5 hours of racing.

AVAILABLE CARS
The cars available will all be from the GT classes. In addition to the GT Endurance Series by ISI, we have decided to include the Renault Megane Trophy.
RaceDepartment will try to stay up to date with the latest patches and releases of these mod’s. This list will be updated according to the latest decisions of the staff concerning implemented patches and releases.
Available choices will be:

GT1
Nissan GT-R

GT4
Nissan 370Z
Maserati GT (taken out due to missing whipers and brake disc glow animation).

One-Make Racing
Renault Megane

SKINS
For this round, a custom MOD will be created. Everyone who wants to use a custom skin can make one and send it in a working download link. The DEADLINE is October 1st (!!!!), so after that you'll need to pick a standard skin for the race. Happy skinning guys! Don´t forget to put a RD logo on there. :thumbsup:

Dead line costum skin period has ended!

SCHEDULE/SESSION INFO - ALL TIMES IN GMT
Official Practice: 16:30 (90 minutes)
Qualification: 18:00 (30 minutes)
Warm-up: 18:30 (15 minutes)
Race: 18:45 (82 Laps = +/- 300Miles)

All drivers must be in the server at least 15 minutes before qualifying, anyone who joins after the start of qualifying will start from the back of their specified class with the exception of people who experience last minute technical issues. The server will be open for unofficial practice before official starting time, and will be restarted at 16:30 GMT exactly. From that moment on, the server will stay up, so a nice rubber pavement can be made.

Signups.
To sign up for this event, you must have a valid license from Racedepartment. If you sign up, we do expect you to show up!. To sign up, please take a look in the Sign Up Thread.

For now, we have limited the signup list to 28 entrants. If needed, we can expand that number with an additional 20 drivers, so all can have a go at this.

Notes.
· Chatting of any kind during Qualifying and the Race is strictly prohibited in the chat. There is no need to say sorry/thanks/pitting/leaving pits/etc. Anything that needs to be said can wait until after the session.
· If you feel you were wronged in any way during an event and wish to report the incident, simply send the event organiser a private message. Please include a description of the incident along with a video. If you are unable to create a video, please include details such as who was involved and where the incident happened with a timestamp. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.
· We encourage all our drivers to use Teamspeak 3, download here. Talking directly to your fellow drivers increases the fun and the ability to share information in an easy friendly way. It will improve your driving skills dramatically, Log in here
· Please take into account that rFactor 2 is still in beta stage and that technical problems might occur. If you spot a bug please post a (constructive) report in the dedicated bug forum here.

Is a bug with dedicated servers... sometimes servers autochange to lan mode, and after that moment, sever is limited to X players, sometimes 5, 7, 18... random. I think this should be reported to ISI, now I think I can't finish the race because I have to leave at 23.30 (spain hour)

Guys,

For the new server, please do the following first!!!

Go to the ModManager in multiplayer
Select another mod
Click accept
Go the the mod manager in multiplayer
Select the correct mod
click accept
join.

I see people are taken away, with message car not recognized. This should solve that.

So, the race just started, and most of you will be driving now. A nice opportunity for me to type something here.

First, let me appologize for the issues and delays. We did all we can to make it work in time, and properly. However, somehow we got challenged with some new technical issues, we have not seen before in any of the races we hosted. Not in this build, and not in builds before.
This caused a lot of problems. Some could have been prevented, some could not. For those that we could have prevented, I appologize.
The game is still in Beta, but I agree that a bit more stability could have been expected. However, I am just glad that we at Racedepartment have a crew of staff, dedicated enough to spend a lot of time getting it all together, and getting it all to work. Also, I am very happy with those that, dispite all the problems, still had the patience and will to do what we asked. It's good to see that the spirit in that department is ok with most of us, and I am thankfull for that. A big thumbs up for you :)

I am not sure if the next WES event will be in Beta, of in Gold. My gut feeling says Beta, and if so, we will keep it simple. No hastle with skins and stuff. We got tempted this time, and punnished hard for it. Won't make that mistake twice, I promis :)

Anyway, I still hope you all had fun. Especially @Stefan Woudenberg. After all the hard work, you deserve it :). Many thanks for it, and you did a great job.

Prediction #1) it was! As the race got delayed I got more and more tired. Went to wide on the exit running up the back straight, spun and bent the car. Figured that plus the fact I was so tired (made two mistakes on other previous laps due to fatigue) I went into the pits and called it off.

Sad to see the way things ended up, pushed utterly hard first quali, posting times I thought was impossible with my setup. And on the second quali I started off thinking "I'm just gonna cruise" but got bitten by the pressure bug and started to push hard on that one too, so in the end I guess I ran out of steam for the race.

Thanks to Stefan & Marco and the participants, who despite the fact that rF2 has some major flaws, still decided/tried to make things work and started the race.

I was so looking forward to this. Sat all the way, going through practice, quali then warm up. Went through the server change, and practice quali and warm up again then remembered i didn't have a hand break button set to keep me still while in the grid and in 1st gear. In the cont down to start i selected a button and hit back so i could start, BUT, my finger twitched, and i ended up pressing again.

Why if the exit button right next to the back Burton for the menus? All of that prep just to exit the game.

To say the least of my feelings, i was gutted as some of you on TS3 would have heard.
Gutted.

Thanks must go to Marco and triple to Stefan.
You guys have been amazing in trying to get thus up and running
Thank you indeed

Shame that Esteve Rueda had to leave. I messed up both qualys so I started 3rd and then 2nd. My start was superb and did a "Vettel-Style" first lap and had a 3 second lead over Magnus and I had massive race pace. After he left I had no real competition. I had a steering bug in my first stint which I fixed on the first Pit Stop. I drove till lap 68 and was about to lap 2nd place car for the second time and decided to leave, because I have to stand up early tomorrow. So I hope next time we have a better fight like in MId-Ohio
But overall the drive was a real joy especially the rising sun and my car was just perfect I posted a 1.55.6 with 80L fuel and there was still something to gain.

was a great race with you guys! was 2nd in Megane class with 1 lap to #1 und 1 lap to #3 so everything pretty safe. had a friend come over and since the race started later he arrived while I was still driving so as I was chatting with him I didn't pay attention to fuel and eventually ran out... xD thanks to Stefan and Marco for making this race possible! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 270 27.4%