2012 24 Hours of Le Mans

Hmm... Glad you didn't start to list up the mistakes of the other Audi drivers in LMPs in the last years ;) Kristensen for example ran into the slow BMW M3 GT2 in a white flag situation at the entry of Porsche curve or Rockenfeller, who destroyed his car exiting Tertre Rouge in the first hour.

I fixed on McNish's silly mistakes:p He makes 3x the mistakes of Kristensen and Rocky.

Although Rocky got on my nerves with last year's crash, also having the mentality it was all the GT's fault(Notice how Kauffman took part again and didn't look dangerous even though it was said he was banned or something).

http://www.racingblog.de/2011/06/14/analyse-24-stunden-von-le-mans-–-eng-wars…/

In German(2011). But it also speaks of their headlights.

Why does Audi and their drivers not learn?

This year, they didn't even need the night to crash:rolleyes:

Maybe I change my mind after test day, but for now this is my prediction:

LMP1
1. Audi diesel
2. Audi diesel
3. Rebellion

LMP2
1. Oak Racing
2. Pecom Racing
3. Signatech Nissan

GT Pro
1. Corvette
2. AF Corse
3. Felbermayr

GT Am
1. Larbre
2. Krohn Racing
3. Aston Martin

Just a review of my own prediction:

In LMP1 I expected less trouble for the Audi Ultra's. The Quattro proved to be fast and reliable. Almost right with the Rebellion.
LMP2 was close, so difficult to predict. Pecom and Signatech one place lower as expected, some suprising names for me at the LMP2 podium.
Corvette was the most experienced GT Pro team, that's why I had high expectations of them. Porsche had a bad day too. Aston Martin proved to be fast, but I had doubts about their reliabilty. With a second place they proved to be reliable.
Only in GT Am i predicted the right winner. But what is a driver like Lamy doing in Am? I know it's about the complete driver line up. They almost f@#%#êd their win with that late stop. In my opinion Krohn is a real Am team, they don't have the Pro support like teams as Felbermayr, AMR, AF Corse, Flying Lizard, Larbre (experience from the past) and Luxury, so good result for them.

Quattro? E-Tron you mean.

And about Lamy in Ama: There's some categorisation with bronze, silver, gold and platinum for drivers that determins where they can drive. Although I don't know much more, I've heard it from Fernando Rees.

-> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Rees

Makes quite sense, since he's actually a L'Arbre Competition driver.

Yes, the FIA driver categorization is still being developed. For the moment, only 'Platinum' categorization is determined by the FIA (ex-F1 drivers). All others you can apply as a driver, ask permition to race as either 'Gold' or 'Silver', and send information to support your request. So it doesn't mean much for the moment. In theory is one thing; in practice is different.

Last year the rule was, not more than one "professional" driver on the GT AM team. But then again there was no stupid FIA that intervened.

I am not sure about the wording:

At least 1 driver in an Ama-Team needs to be Platinum or not more than 1 Platinum driver is allowed to race in an Ama-Team?

GT-Am: Not more than one 'platinum' driver allowed in the team. But you don't need to have any 'platinum' driver, you can drive with any combination as long as you don't have two 'platinum'.
GT-Pro: You can have any driver combination, even three 'bronze' drivers works fine.

Last year the rule was, not more than one "professional" driver on the GT AM team. But then again there was no stupid FIA that intervened.

And it's even more complicated than that because the FIA has no definition whatsoever of what 'professional' consists of. Ex-F1 drivers who pay from their pockets to race are 'platinum', while there are other drivers who are paid to drive and are 'silver'.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back