2011 Wishes and Suggestions Thread

You would also need a Weather Sim Generator version for rF2 to create 'realistic' weather. Currently it only works in GTR2/RACE. Very easy to create a weather file if the system stays similar, would be a 5 minute job. (likely to be changes though with such additions as dynamic weather and the dynamic racing line).

As to the weather for the time of the day, you could of course use the weather from earlier in the day (at 1/2pm like real lfe), or if you don't want teams to have a very good idea of the weather timescale and likelihood, use the forecast for the next day at 1/2pm.

As to the weather for the time of the day, you could of course use the weather from earlier in the day (at 1/2pm like real lfe), or if you don't want teams to have a very good idea of the weather timescale and likelihood, use the forecast for the next day at 1/2pm.

Forecasts don't tell exactly how strong the rain for example is and so on. It gives you a rough idea only.

Of course, but then that is the only fair way right? :)

Is the way STC do it.

I think you didn't get my post...I meant that if using next days forecast then there isnt any accurate data, you maybe only see "light rain", which can mean a lot. That means that whomever sets up the server, has to play around a little bit with the weather settings. So it ends up almost like the option 1.

Of course there has to be a little license for interpretation, you just have to do the best with what you've got, it will never be 100% accurate. Most weather sites use precise 'percentage chance of rain' also. Have you used Auto Sim Weather Generator before? It is very easy to create a realistic 'curve' of weather, has been very often done here at RD. Of course, this all depends on rF2's system, it may already have some kind of pre-session generator in place.

Of course there has to be a little license for interpretation, you just have to do the best with what you've got, it will never be 100% accurate. Most weather sites use precise 'percentage chance of rain' also. Have you used Auto Sim Weather Generator before? It is very easy to create a realistic 'curve' of weather, has been very often done here at RD. Of course, this all depends on rF2's system, it may already have some kind of pre-session generator in place.

Tried it just, seems nice. I imagine rF2 will have something like that as well, in a SRT preview it was shown that (in-game) you can adjust the weather throughout the race, but only in 4 parts (what weather in 1/4 of the race, what weather in 2/4 etc). But i'm sure you can generate a file yourself for a server like in simbin games.

For example - the weather forecast shows weather in 1h parts. So it shows light rain at 14, and partly cloudy at 15. But usually light rain doesn't last for one hour. So 'the guy' should do his imagination what happens.. In that case its pretty much like option 1, only using real weather as refrence.

Anyway, if Option 1..then 'the weather guy' could always have something where to take refrence, will it be real weather, weather based on last ~10 Grand Prix's, average weather of that time frame (~month) in that country/region, or maybe even more.

Would be nice to have a system that deters or eliminates Trophy Chasers....allowing a driver that is quicker,as it has recently been proven,than most WC drivers compete in the WT division makes a mockery of both the divisions & the league.

Sorry David....you've missed the point.

I realise that there isn't any WC drivers in WT it's just that there is a driver contesting WT that should at least be in WS, or more suitably WC....it's pretty obvious.

Once again just my opinion.

Eduard....honestly...will you be proud of your WT trophy when & if you receive it ????

Your level of ability outweighs the majority of drivers within this category by a fair margin.

Not having a go at you...well actually I am having a go at you.....sorry.

In regards to Huis...he is running in the highest possible level of competiton he can find in this league.

Steve, eduvalso drove WT last year and only finished 3rd in the championship... 1 place infront of me i may add!!!I signed him to drive WT this year! This was what suited best.Edu has showed great pace in recent races! This is due to more time to test and also due to him growing as a driver!He started this season in fsr as a wt driver and will finish as a wt driver with or without the tittle! Yes i agree he has better pace than some WS drivers but so do many other WT drivers!Edu is also very beatable by the other guys! Aalberts, Kalamees, Tusting, Van der linden, Pagoto, nilsson and thats just to name a few!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back