1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

2011 Williams FW33

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Eckhart von Glan, Feb 10, 2011.

1. this one got overlooked. Does not look like the final livery to me:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wait is that the official car? I thought they never annonced the new car.

3. Williams decided not to do an official launch of the FW33. The livery that they are using at the moment is only a temporary one for the Pre-Season tests. They will unveil their official livery along with mechanic/drivers clothing in the next few weeks.

4. I see, but I don't understand why Williams did not do an offcial launch?

5. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

To save some money. They can't be doing too well if they have had to float themselves on the stock market!?

They may be waiting on a lucrative sponsorship deal before they confirm the livery.

6. They lost quite a few sponsors since last season which is part of the reason why Patrick Head is selling most of his shares (around 25% of the company) to be floated on the stock market. It's a shame really as they are a great team with racing in its roots. I really hope they get out of this financial trouble.

7. I knew that Williams had some economic problems but I never knew they were this bad. Wasn't this also the reason why they had to let go of Hulkenberg?

8. i think the Hulk didnt have the money so they needed to let him go

9. The new livery will be revealed on thursday:

10. Williams-FW33-2011.jpg Williams-FW33-reveal-02s.jpg
    I liked it when it was all blue :(

11. What, I think that the Williams looks sexy. The combination with white makes it looks very good.

12. Yeah, i just think it looked better all navy blue

13. The car it's self looks very tightly packaged, but the livery they released lacks any flair in my opinion. It has no show, lets hope its all go.

14. Martin Bulgin

Martin Bulgin
    Premium Member

I love it, got overtones of the 94-97 Rothmans liveries, lets hope it shows some of the performance from those years.

15. The livery is OK, what is awesome and insane is that transmission. WOW!! The angle of the axles is quite steep, I hope it holds. The Z-rod also looks cool. It looks like they have a fast car this year. Between Red Bull and Williams, I think they have the best rears for now, I just hope the Cosworth engine shows up.