2011 V8 Supercars

Just now watched Race 1, good stuff from Moffat junior, would've been good if he managed a podium.

Great race for Bourdais as well, I'm a fan, it's just a shame he was paired with Whincup :tongue:
Fingers crossed Lowndes and Priaulx had better luck in race 2. Since the title is basically in Vodafone territory now, I'm rooting for the lesser of two evils :tongue:

Are these guys still coming to the US in 2013? and how are their venues going to be run? Are they going to be a support series to Nascar. Nascar should be the support series to them lol! (kidding!):wink::D

[h=1]V8 Supercars to race in USA[/h]
Posted July 01, 2011 07:01:00PHOTO: The V8 Supercars is heading stateside from 2013.
MAP: Australia

V8 Supercars will continue to extend its reach by holding a round of its championship series on US soil.Premier Anna Bligh announced the move on Friday in Austin, Texas, during a trade mission to the US.Since late 2009, Australia's V8 Supercar Championship has been broadcast on the SPEED Channel in the US, which has more than 79 million subscribers.From 2013, a round of the series will be raced in Austin, Texas, at the new Circuit of the Americas Arena.It will also host the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix from next year and the MotoGP from 2013.Ms Bligh said it was a big development for the Queensland-based sport."The five year deal between V8 Supercars Australia and Circuit of the Americas is a vote of confidence for other sports and Queensland businesses looking to expand to the US," she said in a statement.The first international V8 Supercars event was held in Shanghai in 2005 and races had since been held in Bahrain.During the 2011 championship series, Abu Dhabi and New Zealand will host events.V8 Supercars chairman Tony Cochrane said the US was the world's largest motorsport market, and had fully embraced the V8s."This is a huge deal for V8 Supercars and one that all Australians should be proud of," he said.A date for the race is yet to be set.-AAP

I hope I hope I hope!

Not a huge fan of it, but objectively, it'll keep costs down; more cars, more racing, and it might attract new car makers, that can't be bad.
It'll make the cars even more equal. Car shapes and engines will remain, so on the outside, it's same ol' same ol'.

The only thing I didn't like is the independent rear suspension; live axle is probably more fun to watch :D

Anyway, are there any rumors of new manufacturers poking around, possibly interested in joining?

Would like to see an M3 :)

Are there size or weight conditions? Or is any 4 door RWD saloon car ok? Should be an M5 at least :D

It's a pity though, all the cars will still be pretty much the same other than the paneling... the chassis will be the same :(

Yeah, as Kyle said, we're already there basically.
I don't mind that bit too much, cheaper, more cars, etc. But it's getting more 'professional', for lack of a better word. Real racing cars, instead of just big, fast lumps of metal you have to wrestle with :D

Speaking of which, is there any televised standard car racing anywhere out there? The lower the amount of modification, the better. Like the good ol' days.

Are there size or weight conditions? Or is any 4 door RWD saloon car ok? Should be an M5 at least :D

Yeah, as Kyle said, we're already there basically.
I don't mind that bit too much, cheaper, more cars, etc. But it's getting more 'professional', for lack of a better word. Real racing cars, instead of just big, fast lumps of metal you have to wrestle with :D

Speaking of which, is there any televised standard car racing anywhere out there? The lower the amount of modification, the better. Like the good ol' days.
Must be 4 Door, There is a control engine for those who want in but don't have a suitable engine, doesn't matter what drive the standard car is, but the race variants will be rwd, obviously. There will be a equivelency formula for smaller v8 engines, and i can't think of anything else to add.
I forgot earlier with the mfg rumours that a delegation from Audi was at the GC600, but not much outside of that has been mentioned, just thought i'd add that.
And finally, http://speedweek.com.au/ Look at Australian manufacturer Championship on there, also looking for bathurst 12hr will get you results for production racing, Although last year allowed in GT3 Cars as top class

The CTSCC is amazing. I'm so surprised there isn't any international fans outside of the US. Heck, I'm surprised most North American racing fans are oblivious to it.

On the note of V8 Supercar... I don't mind the CoTF design. I understand it's going more stock but Project Blueprint did that already and PB didn't turn out that bad from a spectator perspective. The only thing I'm not happy about is the removal of the live rear axle. We won't see as much wrestling with the car now since the CoTF is more of a race car. But maybe a better handling car = more passing and on track action? Atleast there's a lot of pluses with the CoTF like it's safer, cheaper, and would make more manufacturers possibly more interested

V8 Supercar driver Jason Richards has died after a 14-month battle with cancer.New Zealander Richards was 35.V8 Supercar officials and Holden confirmed Richards died on Thursday night at his home in Melbourne. He had been fighting a rare and aggressive form of cancer called adrenocortical carcinoma. Richards was a three-time Bathurst 1000 runner-up, and won three New Zealand touring car championshipsprior to moving into the Australian V8 series in 2001.
He drove successfully for a variety of Holden teams in the V8 series - most recently Brad Jones Racing.Richards is survived by his wife Charlotte and children Sienna and Olivia.
"Jason's family is appreciative of the many thousands of people who have offered their love and support during his battle with illness over the past 14 months," Richards' family said in a statement issued on Friday.
V8 Supercars said a memorial service to honour Richards and his career would be held at Sandown Raceway in Melbourne in the next few weeks.

I'll Never forget his drive at sandown in the hail storm chasing down the HRT when Mark Skaife was at his best. It didn't end the best but Gee it anounced Him into the series as a seriously good driver.

What a sad day.
Jason was hugely respected in Australia and New Zealand. A tragic loss at such a young age, sometimes life is so unfair.
RIP Jason, you will always be fondly remembered.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back