1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Race of Champions

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Omer Said, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

RoC was broadcasted live today from it's website. It was a fun to watch dueling these champions. :)

Schumacher proved that he has still the power by beating Vettel and winning the Nations Cup yesterday. I hope Mercedes gives a better car this year.
  2. Yea, Schumacher is da beast!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Too bad Tom beat him, he wasn't really better, MSC didn't get the last corner perfect and accelerated a bit too late.
  4. Deegan didn't deserve to be in the RoC. He span many times, false starts, rarely won races and isn't even that good in the X Games which is the main motorsport which he does.
  5. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Nobody expected Ogier to win but he did great!
  6. Ken Block and Tanner Foust are better.

They should have let Terry Grant do more than just spin the table:D
  7. Hannu Karesola

Hannu Karesola
    Premium Member

Yesterdays nations final wasn't really a fair game. Cars were first chosed beforehand but when they noticed that Vettel is going to race against Hänninen with S2000 Skoda they changed it to ROC buggy one minute before the start. The final result was then decided before it even started. Seb has a lots of experience from that car and masters it perfectly while Hänninen never raced it before. If organizers can play game like that anyone else than Germany never wins. For those situations they should pic a car which doesn't favour anyone too much.
  8. And the only driver who beat Ogier was Jan Kopecký :)
  9. Because Kopecky and Hänninen knew their usual car very well indeed. Did Kopecky also beat Ogier with it?
  10. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Very entertaining couple of days. Deegan was awful!
  11. Yea, it was race with Fabia and Kopecký won. When Kopecký changed his car, his pace went not that good anymore

12. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

I wonder how much pressure was on the Grosjean/Petrov race :)
  13. Can´t wait to see Hamilton in RoC someday, my guess is he would do very good.
  14. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

I think he did 2008 at Wembley
  15. In an F1 car doing burnout laps yes but not competitively i believe.
    Jenson Button & Andy Priaulx were Team Autosport and Jason Plato & Coulthard were F1 racing great britain.
  16. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins

Oh yeh that's right.
    He was supposed to drive a Mercedes and race Chris Hoy on a bike, but they didn't do it for whatever reason.

Yeh you're right, it'd be fun to see him compete in the ROC tournament.