1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2011 Formula One Turkish Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by James Chant, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

[​IMG]
    It's been 3 weeks in the waiting, and we are nearly there!

Times are GMT +1 (BST) - 6 / 7 / 8th May 2011

Friday
    Practice 1 - 08:00
    Practice 2 - 12:00

Saturday
    Practice 3 - 09:00
    Qualifying - 12:00

Sunday
    Race - 13:00

2. Watching P1 right now, Pireli has done a good job on the colour code on the outside :)

3. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Good Job Vettel.

4. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

I love how Schumacher didn't seem to learn his lesson that the apex is slippery when wet.
    How many times did he spin in FP1??

5. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

I have no idea why the Red Bull's were on Inters... so stupid!

6. alonso had inters too

vettel is a good driver. also world champions can crash their cars. i wonder why hamilton had noh crashes this year :D

7. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

No but in the early stages, with an hour to go.. they're lap times were insanely slow.

8. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Its a practice session so I can imagine they wanted to feel how the car behaves on intermediates to simulate possible rainy scenarios for this weekend's qualy and race.

9. Indeed, they need to practice with both wet tyres to see how the car handles with them.

10. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

According to weather forecast there is 0% chance rain for tomorrow and sunday.

11. What a shame, I was looking forward for a wet race at Istambul.

12. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Thank God! I have frozen today morning there :D, chilly wind and cold grass brrr....

I used to want rainy races, but after having a rainy race i pity for the spectators from now on!

13. ahh i want too to come there :)

14. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I wish you were here :( Also that's the last year of Turkey in the calendar ;(

15. oh yes :(

16. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Really!? its one of the Tilke Tracks that i like

17. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

It's still not sure, they are negotiating... you know, Bernie wants 26 million € and Turkish government says (and I agree :D) that is too much, they payed 13 million € per year in the actual contract, that would mean 200% for a GP that usually has empty grandstands.

18. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

Shame. Theres alot of circuits, and not enough places on the calendar to fill them. we already share 2 german tracks, lost the french one, san marino, etc etc, already USA and Russia on the cards for the future...

19. Bernie has called the Turkey race the "best GP on the calendar", wouldn't be good business if it was to disappear from the calendar.

20. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium Member

So Vettel 0.001 ahead of Schumacher? I don't think everyone is showing their true pace in this practice session

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.