2011 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Boring GP. Possibly the most boring of the season so far. Although I imagine Monaco will beat it, it usually provides a damn good yawn-fest too.

Pity Alonso ruined Webbers race. Ferrari's pace is pathetic, it's almost back to the early 90's where they had a great thumping V12 to give them all the straight line speed in the world, but just didn't have a car in the corners. Strange though, they have had reasonable race pace up until this one.

90b1bd3d.jpg

Wow. Boring GP. Possibly the most boring of the season so far. Although I imagine Monaco will beat it, it usually provides a damn good yawn-fest too.

Pity Alonso ruined Webbers race. Ferrari's pace is pathetic, it's almost back to the early 90's where they had a great thumping V12 to give them all the straight line speed in the world, but just didn't have a car in the corners. Strange though, they have had reasonable race pace up until this one.

That's why I say Alonso did his maximum, P5 with this car is almost like a win, Ferrari has too much work to do...

Great drive hamilton, great start for Alonso....not a maclaren fan since the Senna and Mika days, but I rather see a Maclaren take that anoyying index flexible wing finger, but not today even tho it was a gret P1 battle. I really hope they learn that Quali doesnt mean anythign with this crap tyres, is all about a good strategy and me being a Ferrari follower Im very disappointed that they are still thinking that is the year 2000-2004, way too conservatist, they need to fire those guys and get some guys with real talent, the whole design team is broken and they just wont admitt it straight up. Alonso defeated a 7 tiem world champion,raced against Kimi and Montoya and won 2 World Titles in a row, IMO Ferrari enginnering side and developing side isnt the same anymore and yes FIA isnt as corrupt as it was back then. Shame Ferrari, Give Alonso a real F1 car and he can at least fight for the Title.

But its yet 2 early in the game, even tho we started the European races, now its key time for Maclaren and others to pressure Red Bull, cuz once we are in Asia back again, its game over, and thats a guarantee.

A great race today and it shows you really don't need DRS to add overtaking. :) Cars were getting close but at times they found it hard to overtake, but it wasn't impossible. Just how it should be.

well you dont really need KERS...is just ...not F1 if you know what i mean, DRS...meh, it might matter in some circuits...but honestly lets just go back to V10s, the sound of them is like fuel to the soul.

One more thing, i want no1 here to take this personal nor offensive cuz it isnt. To all Ferrari haters that still dwell over last years German GP, get it over with. This isnt Ferrai FIA supports years with Schumi. This is different. Last years GP "obvious" team order was a strategy to put the best possible candidate for the title up front. Yes it sucked, made everyone mad but ima pull a quote from Martin Brundell talking with Benni Ecclestone at the Turkey GP 2010 Hungarium...the crappy track the one that comes b4 SPA
Bernie"Teams and teams, both have 2 drivers and wear the same uniform, there is NOTHING WRONG with a team strategy to put the best possible candidate up front, there is NOTHING wrong with that. NOW if 2 teams get together to get a pre-result for the race, now thats illegal"

Martin Brundell " That happened with Williams and Maclaren against Ferrari in 97...., oh sorry, that was bad choice of words...."

So there you go ppl, This is a different Ferrari, yes it sux this year, but plz just drop the Ferrai International Assistance crap and the "Fernando is faster than you" crap. 1 was real and crooked and a real shame but last years incident was strategy, if you cant cope with it then you might as well stop watchign F1 cuz team orders were played in Red Bull last year also, it wasnt said over the radio, but they ultimately favored Vettel way too much even tho Webber had more wins and more points.

I didn't see anyone saying FIA "Ferrari International Assistance" nowadays tbh..:S

About the race: It's scary how faster Red Bull and McLaren are! Even Alonso was lapped, true Alonso's problem was with the 1st hard tire he got, there was a replay where they showed his tires, he got some scrap rubber on it/he locked the brakes somewhere and destroyed it, whichever was the case he had to get new tires and it was over with that, either a 5th stop or doing 25 laps with the hard tires meant the same loss imo.
It was also interesting to see that Red Bull got their gear ratios wrong, they just didn't go over 291 km/h in the straight, so Webber's DRS was simply useless, Alonso could go over 300 without the DRS, just using the KERS.
The battle up front was quite good imo, Vettel did an awesome job to keep 1st place, and it was good to see that Hamilton could catch him!

Now we go to Monaco, and it'll be interesting. A lot of corners, even if not as fast as here so they don't eat tires that much, the loss of grip can be much more crucial there! I wonder how many drivers will end up in the wall! Strategy will be very important too, track is short, they can easily get into traffic with bad timing of pit-stops (like Vettel's first stop in this race). And there they can lose a lot of time with that as it's much harder to overtake there even if they have much better tires, the track is simply not wide enough..

I can't understand the people still complaning about the new rules...

Even in a track like Barcelona we watched a great pit-stop strategy battle and even some on-track battles. And unlike many claims, DRS do not make things artificial. There is not a huge advantage of it.

My only concern is the lack of DNFs... So few crashes (F1 drivers are too good these days :D ) and so few mechanical problems (it seems teams are also too good these days).

Omer has completely my vote in this... From my side I welcomed DRS, as it really makes race more attractive (you cant say that it doesnt)

todays race was some kind boring to me... but the pit stop strategy was like in the old days, when you had to fuel - 4 pit stops, option or hard tyres, laps when to go to pits... it was great show

Another failed DRS race, it's either too good or too bad, here it was the latter. There should be some tests beforehand to try and see if it makes any difference becausse they haven't got it right once.

The race was pretty boring, so passing into turn one at all which was boring. And Vettel winning, was also... boring

Another failed DRS race, it's either too good or too bad, here it was the latter. There should be some tests beforehand to try and see if it makes any difference becausse they haven't got it right once.

The race was pretty boring, so passing into turn one at all which was boring. And Vettel winning, was also... boring

I agree im tired of kids winning. kid doesnt know left from right. Wish Lewis would of just crashed against him. make it look like brake failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back