2011 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vettel Fastest in P3

Sebastien Vettel set the fastest time at the very end with his only flying lap of the session. Webber was 2nd fastest, and Michael Schumacher snatched 3rd away from the McLarens.

Ferrari had a slightly less impressive session after the FIA banned their rear wing, leaving them to work on an older one with Alonso complaining of poor grip.

Elsewhere Nick Heidfeld's car caught fire on a flying lap after the Renault team mistook an unusual temperature reading as a sensor fault.

_52876117_heidfeldfire640.jpg

Red Bull have done to F1 what X-Factor did to the Xmas number1 - made it so no one cares about who's first.

Most boring Qualifying session of the past few years.

Why o why did they change that track...used to be one of my fav's but the present layout sucks. Does anyone know why they changed it a few years back?

Sector 3 T1 was changed in 2003, both for safety reasons(Panis had a huge crash in private testing there) and in order to improve overtaking(didn't work at all, though).

Chicane complex was added in 2008(IIRC), once again for safety reasons.

By the way, FIA approved on thursday the new Ferrari rear wing and suddenly banned it in friday, so now the car is not balanced as the front wing and other improvements were designed for this rear wing.

¿Where is the Ferrari International Assistance now? :rolleyes:

I think that the Mclaren car got better concistancy compare to Ferrari and there for Button will pass Alonso quite quickly.
On the other hand Webber seems so strong here that only a mechanical failier could ruin his chanses of winning. (well option two is that Vettel crashes into Webber but that wouldn't happen.)

I dunno, they both crashed once last year, could happen again. I personally think that Webber will win, though I think it will be a battle with Lewis and Vettel. Button will be 3rd and Alonso 4th. Though this season it seems to be that many of the new teams are getting in the pack, so it may be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back