2011 Formula One Spanish Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
200px-Flag_of_Spain_%28Civil%29.svg.png

All quoted times are GMT +1 / BSTLocal time is 1 hour ahead of quoted times (9am quoted is 10am local)

Friday 20th May

Practice 1: 09:00 - 10:30
1 - M. Webber 1:25.142
2 - S. Vettel 1:26.149
3 - N. Rosberg 1:26.379
Practice 2: 13:00 - 14:30
1 - M. Webber 1:22.470
2 - L. Hamilton 1:22.509
3 - S. Vettel 1:22.826
Saturday 21st May

Practice 3: 10:00 - 11:00
1 - S. Vettel 1:21.707
2 - M. Webber 1;21.791
3 - M. Schumacher 1:23.057
Qualifying: 13:00 - 14:00
1 - M. Webber 1:20.981
2 - S. Vettel 1:21.181
3 - L. Hamilton 1:21.961
Sunday 22nd May

Race: 13:00

1 - S. Vettel 1:39.03.301
2 - L. Hamilton +0.630
3 - J. Button +35.697

There are been romours going on that this Barcelona race will be mosre action packet then ever but I belive that there won't be many battles in the front row.

I also belive after what may be called Webbers comeback from the bad start of this season that Webber will challange Vettel for the win although the team will tell him to back off Vettel.

I think at this stage Webber will go for the win at all cost even if the team tell him 2 back of Vettel. He will just say the radio wasn't working our something. The last 2 races have been action packed with over takes, pit stop strategy playing a big part now and just all round good racing. Is a good year for F1

OH Schumi has been in the wars last few races, i tell u 1 thing he has not lost his fight

Webber Tops Tables For Practice 1
webber2011.jpg

Mark Webber was fastest in first practice this morning at the Barcelona circuit, 1.007 seconds ahead of his team mate Sebastien Vettel, followed closely by the Mercedes of Nico Rosberg.

A surprise 5th place on the time sheets for Sergio Perez lends the viewers to suspect the front runners were not showing their full pace.

Rubens Barichello was the fastest through the speed trap at 322.7 kph.

Elsewhere in the session, the McLarens of Hamilton and Button finished 6th and 9th respectively, Felipe Massa was 16th fastest, and the two Virgins and the HRT of Liuzzi split the two lotuses.

Full results can be found here

The DRS zone IMO is much too Long for Spain, its basically the entire start finish straight, if a car is a second behind the car in front they will be miles ahead before they even get to the braking zone.

Hamilton Splits Red Bulls in Practice 2
lewis2011.jpg

Mark Webber was once again fastest in second practice this afternoon with a 1:22.470, but Lewis Hamilton produced a great lap to split the dominant Red Bulls, just 0.039 seconds behind Webber. Button was 4th, and Ferrari ended the session 5th and 8th, split by the two Mercedes.

This time, Kamui Kobayashi was the fastest through the speed trap at 326.2 kph.

Elsewhere in the session, Force India's Adrian Sutil seemed to be struggling for place, finishing up 19th in the session. Business as usual for the newer teams, Lotus fastest, Virgin just behind them, and the two HRT cars are looking dangerously close to failing to qualify for the second time this season, with their times of 1:29.469 and 1:29.476 falling outside the 107% time of 1:28.243.

Full results can be found here

MSC again slower than Rosberg :( Djeez did he really lost his talent?
The question is not if MSC lost his talent but was he very lucky to have the right car, the right team, the right out comes at the right time?

MSC is a fast driver that no one can denay but I wonder if he has huge problems adapting to the changes in F1. I don't belive in the chans of someone just losing his talent without having an injery that holds him back so there most be something from his time back at the early 2000 compare to now that he just can't get used to.

Actually Lotus has already proven themselves in Turkey. I watched the race there, and they kept very close to the others for a long time in the race, while HRTs and Virgins fell behind drastically. :)

Kovalinen splitting the Force India's... finally progress?

Sutil had telemetry issues and spent most of the time in the garage. I din't think he used the option tyres. Di Resta was testing parts and didn't get any morning running. Based on that, I would say there is a lot more to show from Force India and Team Lotus are still over 4 seconds behind Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back