2011 Formula One German Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH YEAH FINALLY NO FINGER ON the PODIOUM! oh yeah.

Great Job to Lewis, ALonso and Webber, either one of them winning would of made my day anyways. Great race in a Legendary track. About time that kid didnt win another race. anyways good race and I cant wait to re-watch it again on HD xD.

BTW, is it me but since we are running the "Valencia" rules, is that how bad it affected Vettel? i mean with 10% off throttle he was decent in Silverstone but lacked pace today? Don't really get it. Its all like a scrambled eggs. Then again im glad the Valencia rule is in effect, or else we would of hear that redbulls exhaust burp like a thousands homer simpsons til the end of the season.

GOOD JOB LEWIS! now stop tweeting and feeling negative things like you tend to say at times. Learn from Alonso, he kept it cool, a bit down but never gave up and he still came in 2nd.

What a race, I really loved the top three because it was 3 different cars and not 2 cars from the same team and one from an other.

It is true that the Mclaren does heat up the tires better BUT they also work the medium tires much better then Ferrari at Nurburgring and there for the only way for Alonso to win would be to stayed out on softs for a longer time as the mediums were 1.5 to 2 secs slower.
It was quite sad for Massa to lose 4th because his team didn't do a quick pit stop but he did a great race today inclueding Kobayashi.

Never the less the MFR trail (Mclaren, Ferrari, Red Bull) was incredebul to watch because I never expected any team to get near Red Bull as they had a dominating start on the season.

Cheers.

BTW, is it me but since we are running the "Valencia" rules, is that how bad it affected Vettel? i mean with 10% off throttle he was decent in Silverstone but lacked pace today? Don't really get it. Its all like a scrambled eggs. Then again im glad the Valencia rule is in effect, or else we would of hear that redbulls exhaust burp like a thousands homer simpsons til the end of the season.

Vettel won in Valencia? What affected his race this time was that he made a driving mistake and touched the wet artifical grass at the beginning of the race, spinning it, locking the brakes (flat spotting his tires), also he had problems with his rear brakes after that incident (probably overheating).
The hot blown diffuser ban didn't have a huge effect imo as almost everybody use it. It only helped cars with Cosworth engines as they can't use it + affected Renault pretty badly because their "front-exhaust" system didn't work. It was a good decision imo to let them use it again, innovation must have a place at this sport, can't wait to see what they'll come up next, now that next years exhaust rules are fixed and they won't be able to use this system anymore.

MAN WTF. Why do i miss all the great races? I had fun at the Grand-Am race but i wish they could have happened at different times D:

Burn in Hell, Fox sports and your delayed Formula 1 coverage.

now i have to wait till tuesday :(

well at the end i dont care, Lewis won and no finger on the podium, silver, red and australian blue thats all i ever could as for. I hope they really are strict as possible with rules next year and let the driver skill show off who really has the talent to bring the victory, not this engine mapping. Let them use all the wings and upgrades they need, but the rules are rules and I hop ethey really stick with it and not use the "reliability" excuse. then again. its a french engine...no offense my girlf friend is half french...but thats just bad. :drink:

Chris Jenkins

Driving til the wheels fall off
Then again im glad the Valencia rule is in effect, or else we would of hear that redbulls exhaust burp like a thousands homer simpsons til the end of the season.

The 'Valencia spec' doesn't stop the rough sounding exhausts in the corners.
We just didn't see any onboard footage from Vettel as his race was far from exciting.

Well remember after Silverstone last year how the dominance of Redbull was being halted just enuff for Lewis and Alonso to catchup to the points big time. Ferrari is far from Constructors but Maclaren still have a chance if the score podiums. Alonso and Lewis have a greater chance to catch and pass Webber but still a long way from Vettel unless he makes mistakes and or his car isnt up to his performance. thats my opinion but who knows. Like Schumacer and Senna said. Its never over til u cross that checkered flag.

Well, in 2009 Jenson won 6 out of 7 races in the beginning and the others caught up till the end. The only difference is that they didn't have Honda supporting them through the season, while Red Bull still has the same sources they had before. They have enough resources to improve. But even if Vettel wins the championship, it'll be an interesting fight for second place between Webber, Hamilton and Alonso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000