2011 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yey what a fun race :facepalm:

Good for Vettel, not taking anything away from him he is a fantastic driver but jeeze.

Yeah, I can't say I look forward to Valencia. Not much prospect for excitement. But there was good racing today towards the middle of the field. Kobayashi had a good go of it and Petrov showed a bit more maturity in his racing today. Schumacher had a nightmare down to losing his front wing early on, and how far Rosberg was behind the leaders by the 10th lap shows how vast the gap is betwee nthe top 3 teams and everyone else

He can even miss two races and still be leading the championship.

3 ^^

If we look at this race in two perspectives:

The first is a 2011 point of view, which in context to the other races have been pretty boring, little passes and battling compared to previous races, especially coming off an amazing Montreal race.

From a Valencia point of view though, it was by far the best race we have seen there, IMO it's the worst track in the calender for overtaking, and we still had about 40-50 overtakes!

Wops I thought I sow 73 points gap.

Anyhow I took a look on the results and I noticed Jamie once again from 18th managed to get to 8th. He have really proven despite his lack of qualify pace he stays out of trouble and managed to get within the points. I can't see him losing his seat to Recirdo if he keeps it up like this.

From a Valencia point of view though, it was by far the best race we have seen there, IMO it's the worst track in the calender for overtaking, and we still had about 40-50 overtakes!

Yeah i agree mate, 2011 season increased our expectations. So even the most exciting Valencia race so far was boring. Even with a great pitstop battle between Webber-Alonso.

The 2011 title will be decided at Silverstone. If the diffuser ban can't stop Red Bull, it's all Vettel's to grab.

The 2011 title will be decided at Silverstone. If the diffuser ban can't stop Red Bull, it's all Vettel's to grab.

Totally agree on that. well said.

Also ditch Valencia and Boring Bahrain and add back San Marino. I wanna see speed speed power power and they got to change the way w ewatch F1. just looking from T-cams and far away cams are just boring we want to be IN the action. Like this.
I won the Dispute over Youtube over this video I had. Here is what I wanted some of you all to see.

BTW i had this for a LONG time so im not sure what language its on but this voice is WAAAAAAY better than the boring unexcited voices of DC and Martin B. if this commentator spoke english It would be awesome.

Formula 1 is meant to be the premier motorsport in the world and well lets be real here it just isnt. There are a heck of a lot more forms of motorsport that are a lot more entertaining.

I put it mostly down the the ludicrous amounts of money spent on the cars each season, more money spent the more boring the spectacle. Didnt watch the race today and so glad i didnt.

I was discussing with a friend about the exact same situation and F1 should be spectacular racing at every race meeting (like Canada) not just once every 5 or 6 races.

Yes it is a shame that F1 does not visit tracks like Imola anymore, but I have to wonder exactly why do people hate this Valencia track? When it comes to street circuits, it is a fast track. Turns 19 through to 24 are taken flat out and I can only imagine the G-Forces the drivers go through braking for turn 24. Compared to some of the other races this season, this race did not have a dramatic finish on top of the leader board, but I suspect people hated this race because their idols Hamilton or Alonso did not win here. But the race still had some action going on. Were people too busy sulking that they failed to recognize some of the other racing that was going on? Alonso and Webber had a good race with each other. Rosberg passed and was passed many times in this race and there was a good battle in the mid field between Bueme, Kobayashi, di Resta and Petrov. Don't worry, the FIA has plans to cripple Red Bull starting in Silverstone so that your idols can win again. Will it work? Only time will tell. LOL

your clearly not a redbull fan are you:eek:

I thought the race had some good points but also from a spectators point of view it was found lacking....but on the back of the montreal race.....most on the calendar will be boring compared to that race!!!

I dont think any of the "idols" thought they would be winning the race on pure pace just yet.
I think it would be nice to have vettle challenged and drive the races other than p1!!! But thats my opinion!it would surely make the viewing better watching him carve through the field!

your clearly not a redbull fan are you:eek:

Yes I am a Red Bull Racing fan:sorry:

but we don't need to turn this into a Red Bull sucks, or McLaren sucks or Ferrari sucks conversation.

In a BBC post race coverage yesterday (I had to wait to download it as I do not have access to watching BBC post race coverage since living in North America the TV producers here think I would much rather watch 6 hours of NASCAR pre race coverage than watching 30 minute of F1 post race coverage). Anyway after watching the downloaded BBC post race coverage two interviews stood out. When they asked one of Red Bull's chief engineers what the other teams should do to close the gap Red Bull has over the other teams, his response was "Copy Us". The other interview which stood out was when they talked to Team Lotus's principal about the upcoming Blown Diffuser ban. Everyone thinks Red Bull and Renault will be effected the most, but it might be Lotus who apparently designed their entire car around these diffusers who will be effected the most and the Lotus guy had some valid points. They have invested a lot of money in this technology and now the FIA is telling them in the middle of the season, no you can't have it. The FIA really should have waited for the end of the season to ban it.

Finally I realize many people are not happy with yesterday's result. Many are unhappy because Red Bull won again (don't worry the FIA is working on bringing Red Bull back to earth), but many more are saying Valencia sucks. Valencia is not the best track, but I still don't understand this Valencia hate. It is a fast track with many 90 degree turns (a track not exactly playing to Red Bull's strengths which is fast in the corners due to aerodynamic supremacy). For most of the race yesterday the top three drivers were within 3 seconds of each other and there was a great battle going on in the mid field. I think yesterday was only the 4th time in F1 history that all cars finished the race. But people should be blaming the engineers for building reliable cars and not be blaming the track. Of course the FIA can always throw out yellow flags near the end of every race to ensure close finishes. But if I want to watch artificial finishes, I can always turn on to NASCAR. Here in North America there is no shortage of NASCAR on the TV 7 days a week. :tongue:

I'm a Button fan and obviously I was disappointed with his result and Mclaren's weekend. Buemi and Toro Rosso in general had a brilliant weekend and I find myself developing a soft spot for Red Bull's play toy :wink:.

Won't develop a soft spot for Red Bull but I don't hate on them for being strong far from it as the results show they have the best car and its up to Ferrari/Mclaren to up their game. The diffuser ban is a tad harsh but saying its to punish RBR child please grow up. You point out yourself that Lotus will be significantly hindered and Hamilton even said it yesterday, with or without the diffuser ban the onus is on the engineers to up their game and produce a competitive car.

IIRC Vettel ran a engine mapping for what they will use in Silverstone in P1 at Valencia and he was still more or less top 5 with those on a normal engine mapping so stop moaning and saying its all fixed to stop RBR :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%