2011 Formula One European Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah and the FIA trolls finally speak out. Is not to close the gap of Maclaren and Ferrari but the smaller teams will benefit from it too due to the fact that they do not have the budget other teams have. Read buddy read dont assume things.

- When KERS first came out, was it banned in the middle of the season to help the lower teams with their expenses? No
- When double diffusers came out, was it banned in the middle of the season to help the lower teams? No
- When the f-duct came out, was it banned in the middle of the season to help the lower teams? No

The FIA is showing how desperate they are trying to engineer wins for their two preferred teams, Ferrari and McLaren. F1 is becoming more and more like NASCAR every week. How long before we see sandwich wrapper yellow flags near the end of each race?

Guarantee that if Ferrari started last year as bad as they've been this year, we would've seen changes a lot quicker.

I wonder if anything will come of the reports of Red Bull practicing steering wheel changes during pit stop practices.A way of loading engine map settings during the race maybe?

Virgin stopped developping the 2011 car to focus on the 2012 one, so HRT might well pass them later in the season.

Yeah that is such a great excuse by Virgin not having to perform anymore (read: we are out of money :D). The 2011 season just started.

Who do you think will win the race today? I am putting my money again on MSC (no surprise :D)

- When KERS first came out, was it banned in the middle of the season to help the lower teams with their expenses? No
- When double diffusers came out, was it banned in the middle of the season to help the lower teams? No
- When the f-duct came out, was it banned in the middle of the season to help the lower teams? No

The FIA is showing how desperate they are trying to engineer wins for their two preferred teams, Ferrari and McLaren. F1 is becoming more and more like NASCAR every week. How long before we see sandwich wrapper yellow flags near the end of each race?

Really? I agree with what you've said but there is no way the FIA will ever do anything solely to help out McLaren. The FIA hate Mclaren, they can't stand McLarens current number 1 driver. For years they've had trouble with McLaren drivers. Look at how they tried to destroy Senna and kick him out of F1 just because he was leading the championship over Prosts FERRARI. And the year after in Suzuka, the FIA specifically engineered the start so that a FERRARI would have an advantage. Would have worked too if Senna hadn't outsmarted the lot of them.

The FIA never have and never will help McLaren or Red Bull. Or Renault or Mercedes or FI or Lotus or Sauber or....... you get the point.

The new restrictions are being brought in because it looks like there is a chance Ferrari could finish outside the top 3 in the constructors. And believe me when I say, in modern F1, this will NEVER be allowed to happen.

Really? I agree with what you've said but there is no way the FIA will ever do anything solely to help out McLaren. The FIA hate Mclaren, they can't stand McLarens current number 1 driver. For years they've had trouble with McLaren drivers. Look at how they tried to destroy Senna and kick him out of F1 just because he was leading the championship over Prosts FERRARI. And the year after in Suzuka, the FIA specifically engineered the start so that a FERRARI would have an advantage. Would have worked too if Senna hadn't outsmarted the lot of them.

I think you'll find that was a French FISA president ;)

Good poins to ruin it in the final conclusion.

When Ferrari was 3 years without winning a race or 5 without winning the champ, where was the FIA?

It's not so much a dig at the FIA, I accept a Ferrari bias. I think everyone knows there is one, you just have to look at the Concorde agreement.
Ferrari bring the most money into the sport and rely a lot on the sport in connection with their road car side of the business. It's without doubt they are the single most important team in F1. I would go so far as to say that without Ferrari not much would be left of F1.
But these little things DO seem to happen to give them a little help when they need it, and I know that, It doesnt bother me, it makes things more interesting and it never just hands things to Ferrari, just makes things a little easier. Thats all I'm saying.

I'm not one of those hardcore FIA love Ferrari conspiracy theorists, although I do have a joke about it once in a while. I just firmly believe the FIA know which side their bread is buttered and have to keep them happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%