2011 Formula One Belgian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me out with something. What is this about high compression going through eau rouge? I've seen it in a few articles now and I thought I was quite clued up about the ways of F1 but I have no idea what high compression is. Sorry if I sound dumb, I;m a bit embarrassed to ask actually.

Ayrton probably couldn't have won in an HRT, but he would have looked good in one haha. Remember what he said... 'If you think I'm fast wait until you see my nephew'. Maybe Bruno is the fastest thing since Schumacher given the right car and we're kind of dumbing him down exactly because of who is Uncle was. Ayrton was a legend as a driver and as a man and maybe we don't want Bruno to live up to his uncle, I know that when he came into F1 I wanted him to leave as quick as possible and leave the Senna legacy alone, but at the end of the day, that's not fair on the guy. Let's see how he does in a Renault, he has no excuses now barring the car blowing up again.
IMO Grosjean should be given the seat, sure he had hes chance and failed some say i think that chance wasn't exactly fair, thrown into a struggling midfield Renault mid season with Alonso as team mate with next to no testing in the car is a very harsh position(except for Kobayashi but hes an exception in this case).

Grosjean is literally destroying GP2 and has an incredible career Pre 2009 f1 appearance and post as well, i mean hes french and with Renault(yes i know the team isn't exactly works anymore but hes backed by Renault the manufacturer in there driver program) isn't that enough reason for them to back him.

Senna is just going to be a dissapointment.

IMO its either Grosjean(with the intention of using him next year regardless if he sucks to build hes experience, this also implying Kubica doesn't come back) or stay with Heidfeld, because There is no way Senna will catch up to Heidfeld levels before the end of the season and its just going to cost the team a chance to catch Mercedes in the constructors, i think Heidfeld has been hampered with an inconsistent car(just look at there hot and cold performances this year) and made worse by the fact he had little time to adjust to it at pre season.

Looks like Renault have given up on 2011 and are just giving Senna some time in the car until they decide between Kubica and Grosjean next season.
Bruno Senna is not a quick F1 driver.
He showed that a few races ago when he took part in Friday practice. Average at best, living on the coat tails of his uncle's legacy.

Force India will probably have both cars in the top 10 for Spa and Monza. I think McLaren will have both drivers in the top 3, along with a Red Bull driver. Mercedes could be looking at a car in the top 5 if they're fortunate.

After lighting Heidfeld on fire they told him he was fired...

I don't really know what they're trying to do here other than lose points in the constructors championship. He's had about as good a year as could be expected from that car and 2 out of 3 DNFs have not been his fault. I can't imagine they are going to field Senna in a race seat next season. Probably just a cost cutting stop gap until Grosjean is done with GP2

Strange politics there. The team was happy with Heidfelds performance in the races but not satisfied with his qualifying pace. Since when do drivers get championship points for their qualification results :(

Lets hope Senna can impress. He has been hyped a lot in the past but never impressed me so far.

IMO Grosjean should be given the seat, sure he had hes chance and failed some say i think that chance wasn't exactly fair, thrown into a struggling midfield Renault mid season with Alonso as team mate with next to no testing in the car is a very harsh position(except for Kobayashi but hes an exception in this case).

Grosjean is literally destroying GP2 and has an incredible career Pre 2009 f1 appearance and post as well, i mean hes french and with Renault(yes i know the team isn't exactly works anymore but hes backed by Renault the manufacturer in there driver program) isn't that enough reason for them to back him.

Senna is just going to be a dissapointment.

IMO its either Grosjean(with the intention of using him next year regardless if he sucks to build hes experience, this also implying Kubica doesn't come back) or stay with Heidfeld, because There is no way Senna will catch up to Heidfeld levels before the end of the season and its just going to cost the team a chance to catch Mercedes in the constructors, i think Heidfeld has been hampered with an inconsistent car(just look at there hot and cold performances this year) and made worse by the fact he had little time to adjust to it at pre season.

and yet we understimate ppl without given them a chance in a decent Renault and a decent track...just give him some time. the HRT performance of last year got Bruno no where and here we are judgin him just because his uncle was and still is a legend in the F1 books. Thats ok cuz i bet u can even drive one.

Weather forecast for saturday: Very unpredictable weather. Overcast with lots of local rain showers and here and there some thunder and lightning. Temperature around 14 C.

For Sunday, still unstable weather but less unpredictable. Overcast but the sun breaks through every now and then. Local rainshowers. Temperature around 15 C.

I just heard this from a friend and I was wondering if you guys think the same.

He told me that "it looks like Webber have finally got into grips with the Pirelli tires" as some of you know that Webber have been complain about them quite a lot. Do you think the same or not and why so?

Nice moves again guys real mature..
But where both at fault. Hamilton made the first stupid move to swing to the right abit but then Maldonado did the same but abit more.
Both deserve a penalty. Stupid stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back