2011 Dakar Rally

Gordon tried to tow his car of a rock with a little little fiat.... :)

can anybody tell me what the racing trucks does hawe in the back?

What they carry?
They are different kind of Trucks, the real race trucks and the fast assistance trucks. Both are in the race.
The racetrucks, like the Kamaz dont have a lot in the back, sparewheels (in the kamaz 4, i think) and some other parts but that's it, not mutch. The same for the trucks of De Rooy and other racetrucks
The fast assistance trucks, they have a lot of spare parts in the back, sparewheels for them and the car/truck they support. The VW has service trucks in the race, almost every team has a truck in the race for support.

A lot has happend so far with the bikes: Coma fell on the stage and is now 10 minutes down on Despres. Verhoeven is leading the bikes, but the top bikers still have some 100 kms to go.

First car has started 1u30 go, Peterhansel leading atm at WP4 (at km 115 of 423).

I will be deffo watching the dakar update tonight :)

Verhoeven atm 2nd at the finish, 1 second behind Lopes Contardo from Chile. 1 second difference after 423 km special stage......

Leading are just over halfway. Peterhansel still leading, but Sainz remains virtual 1st in overall standings.

Hi to dakar fans from one more dakar fan & dreamer,

Looks like this year the weather & organizers are putting up a good glamor into the event!!

Loving every bit of info available online on dakar!!

Today more than 500 kms special stage from Antofagasta to Copiapo.

Al Attiyah (VW) just took the overall lead from Sainz. He forced a gap with Sainz just at the end of the stage. He's now leading the Dakar with an advantage of just over 5 minutes. Other cars still need to finish.

Top bikes also finished, Coma wins today stage from Despres and is still leading.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%