2010 World Rally Championship

Anyone going to make it to the Race to the Clouds this year? I plan on going with a few friends/family. Would be great to see some of my fellow local track-mates there as well!

Rhys Millen is planning on taking back the Unlimited class record his father held in the early 90s that was beat by Nobuhiro Tajima in the late 90s. Rhys' car looks pretty freaking sweet and LOOKS like it can get the job done.

If anyone plans on going, send me a message and maybe we can meet up!

Also, if any of you know a good place to watch from let me know. This is my first time there and I dont know where the good spots are.

http://www.usacracing.com/ppihc

The two 4WD Unlimited Class cars.

There's also a local guy entering the Unlimited class(Anything goes) in a 2wd car. I'm excited to see what it looks like and how he does.

Nobuhiro "Monster" Tajima
sx42.jpg

Rhys Millen
29783_132049993477170_100000165095546_384039_3452682_n.jpg

Sounds like someone needs to buy a plane ticket :p

I see the mountain every time I drive to work, and I never fail to go "whoa" when I see it and imagine why someone would want to drive up it at a million miles per hour.
I bloody love the Pikes Peak Hillclimb. The cars are so mental they need straitjackets... :D

Mini's first-ever World Rally Car, which will be based on the Countryman road car, has been in preparation for months at Prodrive's Banbury base and the BMW 1.6-litre turbocharged engine recently arrived to turn a rolling shell into a full World Rally Car. Testing of the new machine is expected to begin soon and, as technical director David Lapworth said, once it starts testing it will not stop.

Read more at Autosport.com

Hmm i will try to sign up as their driver. I'm very experienced on driving Minis on dirt, grass and gravel :D

Really surprised to see this. I have never imagined a Mini car competing against those Citroen and Ford Monsters. Will be interesting :)

I doubt it will compete up top. I think it will be like that Suzuki Swift that was in it a few years ago. Just getting the odd 7th or 8th place. I still think they will finish higher than Raikkonen :D

The iconic MINI name will return to the World Rally Championship stages next year after its parent BMW group announced a multi-year comeback for one of the most charismatic names in the sport’s history.

From 2011, MINI will compete at selected rounds of the FIA World Rally Championship and will go on to contest the entire season from 2012 onwards. BMW says this involvement is planned ‘for several years’.

MINI’s first-ever World Rally Car will be based on the new Countryman production car and is being developed in partnership with Prodrive - the British firm which masterminded Subaru’s WRC programme from 1989 to 2008. The car will be fitted with a 1.6-litre, four-cylinder turbo-charged engine from BMW Motorsport.

100727_mini_countryman_wrc.jpg

More can be found here

Do you think Mini can compete against Ford or Citroen, no i think. But maybe next years hopefully. And also i hope they will have a nice looking car. Unlike that picture :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back