1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 tracks into 2011

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Mick-S, Jan 28, 2012.

1. is there any possibility that tracks from 2010 would work in 2011, providing all the needed files and folders were imported ?.
  2. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ...... mostly harmless Staff

No I don't think so, I have never heard of anyone managing to do it. I can't say for sure, but I doubt it VERY much ....
  3. I thought that would probably be the case, but might give it a shot anyway.
  4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Here is one reason I think it must be impossible, and it's not a technical reason, it's because of Bahrain.

If you follow the real F1, you'd know that due to political troubles in Bahrain this year, the race was removed from the 2011 calendar. A lot of F1 2011 (the game) drivers love the Bahrain track, probably from playing F1 2010. Therefore a natural reaction to Codemasters removing the track from F1 2011, would be for some bright spark to think ..... 'MMmmm, I wonder if I can use the F1 2010 Bahrain track in 2011'?

...... and it hasn't been done, if it had, it would have been splattered all over this forum and other racing forums I think :)

Unless someone can prove me wrong? ;)
  5. There is one simple reason why it does not work:

The track_files are different to 2010 because of DRS. And that's why you can't add 2010 tracks to 2011.
  6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing

Oh ....... and that reason ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ....... :p
  7. Also, I think the way the skies are rendered in 2011 is different. I remember someone asking if one of the weather mods for F1 2010 would work in 2011 and one of its creators explained why not.