2010 GT1 World Championship

Geez I wish this series came downunder, at least to the GP in March!
Would be great to see the GTR on track, as so far I've only ever seen them on the street.... BUt boy, do they have a presence on the street or what!

Geez I wish this series came downunder, at least to the GP in March!
Would be great to see the GTR on track, as so far I've only ever seen them on the street.... BUt boy, do they have a presence on the street or what!

And I wish we could get 4 weeks of v8 Supercars here in the USA! think about it.

Round 1 Watkins Glen long course

Round 2 Road America

Round 3 Road Atlanta

Round 4 Laguna Seca

FIA_GT1_GT_R_NISMO_002.jpg
In a press release issued on Thursday January 14th, Nissan Motorsports International Co., Ltd. announced that NISMO just signed the official partnership agreements for the FIA GT1 World Championship with Sumo Power GT (UK) and Swiss Racing Team (CH). Both teams will run two NISSAN GT-Rs each in the inaugural World Championship.[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

NISMO will provide technical support to its new racing partners. Other details including driver line-up will be announced at the later date.

Source | GT1world.com

As far as i know watching the official news only a handful of cars/teams have entered. Nismo, matech etc have entered, but with the first race in sight in two months or so that doesnt look sufficient. Hmmm

Finnish news site tells that Selleslagh/DKR joins with two Corvettes. When news was released just before Christmas Pertti Kuismanen was confirmed to another car and Bernoldi to another. Even after that there is plenty of room in a grid, I think.

w8qs8j.jpg
Entries for the 2010 FIA GT1 World Championship closed on Friday December 15th, at midnight. Six brands will be represented, with 12 teams each with two cars, making a total of 24 cars on the grid.
To the best of our knowledge, the following teams have confirmed their intention to take part in the new Championship, sending in their candidature to the FIA.
Aston Martin would be represented by French team Hexis AMR, winners of the 2009 FIA GT3 European Teams Championship, and by German team Young Drivers AMR.
For Corvette, the two teams are Madcroc Racing, a team made from a collaboration between FIA GT regulars Selleslagh Racing Team and DKR, and Phoenix Racing Carsport, also a joint venture between two well-known teams, Phoenix Racing and Toine Hezemans’s Carsport Holland.
The Ford teams would be Matech Competition, from Switzerland, and Belgian team Marc VDS Racing, both of whom already competed in the FIA GT Championship in 2009.
Lamborghini would be represented by Münnich Motorsport, run by Mr René Münnich, of All Inkl.com, and by Reiter, both of whom have entered Lamborghinis in the FIA GT Championship.
The Maserati teams would be the five-time FIA GT Champions Vitaphone Racing Team, and new team Triple H Team Hegersport, led by former race winner Altfrid Heger.
For Nissan, the teams would be Swiss Racing Team, in the hands of Othmar Welti, and new British team Sumo Power GT, led by Mr James Rumsey.
The applications will now be examined by the FIA, before an entry list is released by the end of the month. For Stephane Ratel, this is the culmination of years of work. “It is a dream come true and the beginning of something big. We are now going to concentrate on making the FIA GT2 European Championship a similar success”

Source | GT1world.com

ru2yo3.jpgEntries for the 2010 FIA GT1 World Championship closed on Friday December 15th, at midnight. Six brands will be represented, with 12 teams each with two cars, making a total of 24 cars on the grid.
To the best of our knowledge, the following teams have confirmed their intention to take part in the new Championship, sending in their candidature to the FIA.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
Aston Martin would be represented by French team Hexis AMR, winners of the 2009 FIA GT3 European Teams Championship, and by German team Young Drivers AMR. For Corvette, the two teams are Madcroc Racing, a team made from a collaboration between FIA GT regulars Selleslagh Racing Team and DKR, and Phoenix Racing Carsport, also a joint venture between two well-known teams, Phoenix Racing and Toine Hezemans’s Carsport Holland.
The Ford teams would be Matech Competition, from Switzerland, and Belgian team Marc VDS Racing, both of whom already competed in the FIA GT Championship in 2009.
Lamborghini would be represented by Münnich Motorsport, run by Mr René Münnich, of All Inkl.com, and by Reiter, both of whom have entered Lamborghinis in the FIA GT Championship.
The Maserati teams would be the five-time FIA GT Champions Vitaphone Racing Team, and new team Triple H Team Hegersport, led by former race winner Altfrid Heger.
For Nissan, the teams would be Swiss Racing Team, in the hands of Othmar Welti, and new British team Sumo Power GT, led by Mr James Rumsey.

The applications will now be examined by the FIA, before an entry list is released by the end of the month. For Stephane Ratel, this is the culmination of years of work. “It is a dream come true and the beginning of something big. We are now going to concentrate on making the FIA GT2 European Championship a similar success”

Source | GT1world.com
More discussions | FIA GT1 forum

This is a great car and it's real life performance is amazing! I wonder how they'll do in their first season. I'll certainly be pulling for them. It's an awesome car, maybe my favorite.

FIA GT1.jpg
The FIA announced the official entry list for the inaugural season of the FIA GT1 World Championship. Twelve of the worlds greatest GT cars will be present to fill the grid: Aston Martin, Corvette, Ford, Lamborghini, Nissan and reigning FIA GT champions Maserati all have entered four cars for the upcoming season.

The 2010 season will start on April 17th 2010 at the United Arab Emirates' circuit of Yas Marina.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
FIA ENTRY LIST
TeamNat. Car
Hexis AMR FRA Aston Martin DB9
Hexis AMR FRA Aston Martin DB9
Young Driver AMR DEU Aston Martin DB9
Young Driver AMR DEU Aston Martin DB9
Mad-Croc Racing BEL Corvette Z06
Mad-Croc Racing BEL Corvette Z06
Phoenix Racing / Carsport DEU Corvette Z06
Phoenix Racing / Carsport DEU Corvette Z06
Marc VDS Racing Team BEL Ford GT*