1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2010 Formula One Monaco Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Formula 1 Race Comments' started by David Garcia, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Traffic, rain and lots of rookies. Will be an interesting qualifying i hope :love:
  2. Alonos crashed his Ferrarie in the praccy session, car has so much damage it wont be rebuild till the qually
    he has to start the race out of the pitlane tomorrow
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

And he will have no chance anymore when he starts from P24... Do F1 teams no longer have a T-car they can use?
  4. Nope they said they cut spare cars to cut costs
  5. Is there any site where I can watch it? Cable TV gone due to the storm here...

Edit: found one
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Wow!! The Fernando Alonso Show started! Awesome that the TV directors keep track of him!
  7. Craig Stevenson

Craig Stevenson
    Premium Member

Confused, I always thought if a driver failed to put in a Qualifying time he wasn't allowed to race, so why is Alonso racing?
  8. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

M Schumacher got 20 second penalty for passing under greens on last lap. =/
  9. Ah i wondered about that, they said they were looking into it but i never heard anything.
    Martin was full of cod then, he said the rules have changed in which he didnt need to wait until the start/finish line to overtake after a restart
  10. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

What a joke! There finally some passing and its been penalised! Monaco is boring...screw the history and lifestyle!
  11. Maurice Hurkmans

Maurice Hurkmans
    RD Travel Expert

Mercedes will appeal. imo FIA/Racemarshalls made a mistake by showing greens on last lap. There is one rule in the FIA rulebook (got that from an other forum) which says overtaking is forbidden until the cars reach the first safety car line after the safety car has returned to the pits. Clearly is this rule was in effect by showing greens and giving the message ''safety car in this lap'' which overrules another rule which says that overtaking is not allowed when the safetycar is deployed until the last lap. They never should have shown green flags.

like always FIA is not drawing the same line: why penalize MSC for this and not penalize Hamilton and Alonso in China for clearly crossing the white line at pit lane entry (in Alonso's case even overtaking in pitlane), which is an infringement according to the rules...
  12. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Technically though as Ross brawn said the SC wasnt deployed anymore as the Race director said SC in this lap and because the Passing starts at SC Line 1 so one rule is conflicting another.
  13. Check arround 1:30 guys at the top right. I think i still see yellow flashing.

14. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Look in bottom right. Green flag being waved.

15. Yeah i know. But there is also yellow one. So wich one is oke. ;)
  16. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Green since they've already passed the Yellow and the SC Line so they were under green.
  17. I think common sense will prevail - and while Schumacher will not get away with it, because of the confusion regarding the SC line and waved greens, his penalty will be reduced so that he finishes back in 7th behind Alonso.

That's what SHOULD happen - mind you, I'm not the FIA.
  18. They did away with that and the 107% rule years ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.