2010 Formula One British Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Alonso dropped back behind kubica there would of been no penalty.. ( harsh or fair.) the point is the race stewards had to do somthing, They just seem to take to long in doing anything atm..

Alonso needs some anger management atm, ( Great driver ) just things not going hes way atm and it's getting to him. shame but thats F1

As for RedBull, The whole front wing pish is shocking!!, I loved Marks comments lol, If I can't have a Brit win the championship, I'm right behind Mark, infact I think I might favour him over Lewis & Jenson, Marks done a lot for F1 would be good to see help get something back!.

Agree, it's nice to see some poetic justice in F1 as Mark said, was a great story and he's been my favourite driver ever since his 5th place in that Minardi at Melbourne. He is a class-act driver and had a cooler head than I think the more talented Vettel, but Seb still has a lot of learning to do and got a shock expecting to walk over Mark - great to see him fight back.

Vettel is Red Bulls baby so i think its obvious who is there favorite driver, just a shame Christian Horner is so crap at hiding it. but i think it will back fire on them, i heard a great comment it said "poke him with a stick and see how fast he goes" well they certenly poked him with a sharp stick at silverstone :D

I think it's unfear to have a team like Red Bull that wants one driver to be the champ and the other to do the dirty word in simple meanings.

How ever Webber is the only driver to have won 3 times in this championship then comes Vetter Hamilton and Button with 2 wins each. If they used the rule were the driver with most wins would be the champ then this battle would be closer then ever.

A topic for the Hamilton haters, rimember 2008 when Hamilton became champion by finishing 5th. I dont rimember who but there was a former formula 1 driver in the FIA that wanted to suggest this rule where the driver with most wins would be the champion since he did not thought the way Hamilton became champion was fair or what ever you want to call it.
That simply proves that one of the people that have big infuence in FIA doesn't like Hamilton and there for proves a bit that FIA isn't that unfair.

I think it's unfear to have a team like Red Bull that wants one driver to be the champ and the other to do the dirty word in simple meanings.

How ever Webber is the only driver to have won 3 times in this championship then comes Vetter Hamilton and Button with 2 wins each. If they used the rule were the driver with most wins would be the champ then this battle would be closer then ever.

A topic for the Hamilton haters, rimember 2008 when Hamilton became champion by finishing 5th. I dont rimember who but there was a former formula 1 driver in the FIA that wanted to suggest this rule where the driver with most wins would be the champion since he did not thought the way Hamilton became champion was fair or what ever you want to call it.
That simply proves that one of the people that have big infuence in FIA doesn't like Hamilton and there for proves a bit that FIA isn't that unfair.

It was Mr Ecclestone that said that, he has no real say on FIA rulings as he is effectively Formula 1.
2 things though about that. 1 had Hamilton's victory not been taken away from him at Spa 08 it would have been irrelevant. And 2nd a driver could theoretically win 3 races not score another point an be crowned champio. Even last season the championship would have been tied up by Germany, i think as there wouldn't have been enough races left for Vettel to surpass Buttons 6.

Well, if that's true, about Ferrari being told 3 times by Race Control to let Kubica back through, and deciding to ignore those 3 messages until they unilaterally decide that Kubica's too far back now anyway, I take back my earlier comment about the penalty being too harsh.

I agree, Ferrari have to learn when to break rules and when not, as others does. 3 messages in a row and you don´t attend the petition? Silly boys...

About Red Bull 2010, it really looks like McLaren 2007... poor Webber.

Ferrari says they never get that 3 warnings and that Charlie said the incident was going to be investigated after the race.

I have the news in Spanish and Italian, as soon as I have it in english I will post it here :)

Here it is:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]
[/FONT]Ferrari has denied Charlie Whiting's claim that the FIA official "immediately" advised Fernando Alonso to let Robert Kubica re-pass at the recent British Grand Prix.
The Italian team was critical of the timing of Spaniard Alonso's drive-through penalty, describing it as a "fact" that "decisions are taken slowly" by the authorities.
FIA race director Whiting this week hit back, revealing that - before the penalty was imposed - he advised Ferrari "three times" that Kubica should be allowed to re-pass Alonso, including "immediately" after the illegal overtake.
But Ferrari's team manager Massimo Rivola has now moved to clarify Whiting's contradiction, revealing that the Briton at one point said the matter would be investigated by the stewards after the race.
"We just want to explain the facts so it is understood that we are not crazy," he is quoted by La Stampa newspaper.
Rivola said he asked Whiting after Alonso's pass "what should we do" and Whiting responded almost two minutes later.
"One minute and fifty five seconds is not immediately."
By then, he said, Alonso and Kubica had become caught up in battles with Jaime Alguersuari and Rubens Barrichello.
Rivola said he contacted Whiting again, to ask if Alonso now needed to cede position to several opponents, and then shortly afterwards Kubica retired.
La Stampa said Ferrari is concerned with the events that followed, because the broken pieces of Pedro de la Rosa's rear wing were lying on the track for a couple of minutes with the FIA taking no action.
Then, with Ferrari strategists convinced that Alonso will lose just 3 or 4 positions with his drive-through, the safety car was called onto the circuit, condemning Alonso to the rear of the field.
"This means that for two minutes that race was being held in unsafe conditions," said Rivola

If that's true shame on you race direction.

maybe a little late but:
karikatur_webber_kanat-2010.jpg

Translation from Turkish:
Horner: Come on Mark, be more matural please!
Webber: Never! I never give my wing to him, he should have kept his wing safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%