2010 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
images
- situation

damn 24 points from hamilton to alonso. This means Hamilton needs ALOT of stuff to go his way to win. (both red bull and Alonso engine fail :D )

IMO it was quite a boring race. Nothing major happened just the usual.

It was quite boring if you talk about the title fight because...
a.- Hulkenberg getting the title contenders separated on a hughe gap.
b.- Safety Car rules allowing lapped cars to stay between real race positions.

But in my opinion there was a lot of action in the rest of the field with cool car groups fighting all around.

Now, only one week till Abu Dhabi.

It was very dull race i must say, pretty much like the Bahrain GP this year.
Even though im a Ferrari Fanatic, really appreciate what Red Bull has achieved. No one can say that they were handed out the Constructors Championship, they have clearly earned it... and like it or not, they deserved it more than anyone else.. fantastic car, but it amazing that Ferrari and Alonso up there even Red Bulls amazing car (just like Alonso claims this himself).. Abu Dhabi will be great, I would like Ferrari to get WDC.. but i wouldnt be disappointed if it is Webber, atleast this guy does deserve something, he has driven beautifully, and to not forget the number of years he had to spend on a not so competitive car (unlike Hamilton).. so I would be equally please no matter who ever wins the WDC other than Lewis Hamilton...

IMO Hamilton is really lucky to have a chans of become champion because Mclaren never had the greatest car out there. Red Bull had the quickerst car and then came Ferrari. So IMO Hamilton have pushed his car and his team to there limits and achived something which wouldn't be possble.

Hamilton is the fighter type so no matter the odds and the bad car he will still give it his all and thats why I like him as a driver.

IMO it is great that Alonso managed to turn the tables now at the end but with that cheat in Germany I really wouldn't accept him as champion.

Webber and Vettel had the quickest car but did several mistakes over the season. Never the less both showed that they are talanted drivers with out standing performances in different races. I think both of them are desserved Champions since they both managed to get this far. Although I feel so damn sorry for Webber because with Vettel having bigger chanses of becoming on the Championship then before I guess that Red Bull will support him more then ever then Webber who can easely win it if he finishes first and Alosno finished in 3rd place.

Anyhow the championship have been really spectacular and I really can't wait for more on the future.

Thats why Webber is a better Champion then Alonso. Webber rather fight his opponent head on then take a short cut which is not something any F1 driver from the old days would do.

@Georgios - lolz at your comment.. by now i thought u would that its not the driver who makes the SO CALLED TEAM ORDERS, rather the team principal.. I never liked alonso myself, maybe coz i didnt like mclaren.. but that is not the case, he was anyway gonna get past Massa, but they manipulated team order scenario.. well who doesnt, we have seen it with barichello and schumi, kimi and massa, shamilton and heikki.. and horner has mentioned that if the standings are going to be 1. vettel and 2. webber with alonso running in 3rd.. they will switch places...
So pls, dont blame the drivers.. its the team who makes the call..

Thats why Webber is a better Champion then Alonso. Webber rather fight his opponent head on then take a short cut which is not something any F1 driver from the old days would do.

I am going to have to disagree there. I thought it was pretty clear Webber would have liked to have seen them use team orders yesterday. As for drivers from the old days, here are a few quotes from Joe Saward's recent article on team orders..

In Formula 1, teams used to have the right to do this until 1998. Team orders date to the very start of the sport. In the 1930s, the Mercedes-Benz and Auto Union Grand Prix teams were dominated by such requirements, sometimes established for the most bizarre reasons. At Tripoli in 1936, for example, Auto Union ordered Italy's Achille Varzi to win from Germany's Hans Stuck. The two drivers were unhappy, but it was explained to them that as the governments of Italy and Germany were seeking to forge an alliance wherever possible, Italian drivers should win on Italian soil and German drivers on German soil.

After World War II the Alfa Romeo factory team was famous for its team orders, with Varzi, Dr Nino Farina and Count Felice Trossi all being allowed to win races, despite the fact that France's Jean-Pierre Wimille was much faster. This went on for two years before Wimille moved up to be team leader and was virtually unbeatable.

In the 1970s Ronnie Peterson sat behind Mario Andretti in several races but accepted the position because he said Andretti had developed the Lotus and because he had signed a contract to be the number two driver.

At Monza in 1994 Williams used team orders to help Damon Hill's championship challenge, with David Coulthard moving out of the way for him and in Australia in 1996 Williams again imposed team orders with Jacques Villeneuve moving over to help Hill to win the race.

Those are just a few examples when there are literally hundreds of others, Villeneuve not passing Scheckter several times in '79, Senna pulling over to let Berger take the flag at Suzuka in 1991. I don't see how you can say that it is "not something any F1 driver from the old days would do." When clearly they did it, and did it often.

My favorite quote from that article:
The problem for F1 was that the audience was changing as the sport grew. The days of the cloth cap brigade slipped away, and new less well-informed spectators replaced them. They began asking why there had to be team orders.

I appreciate Red Bull not using team orders, though I agree they've been a part of the sport forever and probably will be still. I did like the threat from a Brasilian magistrate that he may prosecute anyone participating in team orders (specifically Massa) for sporting fraud, though - I'm sure that got some attention.
I don't trust Red Bull's motives however, and think perhaps they do not want Webber to win because they don't want to be seen sacking the world champion. Hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%